[QUESTION] Why do certain files download on every join?

koragg

Hi guys, so I noticed something very odd for me. Since I'm on a slow 4G hotspot right now it takes some time to download files from a server. But why do I get to download files which were never modified again and again on every join? Example:

Download error: Error downloading requested files. Couldn't connect to server. [Failed to connect to 104.233.69.110 port 22005: Host unreachable] [race/img/specnext_hi.png]

Why does it download that file every time I join my server when I've already downloaded it weeks ago when I first joined my server from this laptop? And it's the same with other files from 'race' and 'admin' resources. If your internet is fast it's no problem but for slow net 4MB can take some time to download, and it's not necessary as those files were not updated so shouldn't request a download in the first place. :S

I searched for "fileDelete" at the end of scripts but found none so the files shouldn't delete themselves.

Edited by koragg

You can always try renaming your MTA San Andreas 1.5/mods/deathmatch/resources folder name to something else temporarily and have it download everything again. That'll clear the local cache.

As for it downloading everytime even if you manage to get on the server, it might mean caching is disabled.

• Thanks 1