Weapon skill

How will the MTA-team do the weapon skill system?

All on hitman? all on poor, or gangster? or let the player choose (spend skill points) or each gang has it's own hitman weapons (like in mta:vc the sailor with m4, police with shotgun etc) or balance out the weapons, giving the strong weapons gangster skill and the weaker weapons hitman skill...

So how do you guy's work the weapon system out?

As we've said, it'll be up to the mods. They can use the skill system how they want, you could be able to buy skill, or get it for killing X people or whatever.
and how will it be in non-mod servers? just the basic MTA:BLUE, the "train your skills" system?
Theres no such thing as a non-mod server.

That really confuses me. Isn't it possible to just install the MTA Blue dedicated server and , like , run it , without having to mod anything?

I think that giving weaker weapons hitman skill and strong weapons poor skill is a good idea. And if you kill 20 persons or so , your skill improves... I hope modding that wont be that hard...

Hmn, is it posible to pack the MTA SDK into an ActiveX? I personally hate ActiveX :P, but one thing they are good for is being compadible with almost all OO languages. This would be an awsome feature, allowing programmers to use their favorite language (VB, Delphi, C++, ect...).

You might be able to write a com component interface, but its not somthing we're going to look at. It'd be a huge job, the SDK gives you access to thousands of functions - each of which would need to be wrapped. It might be quite neat if someone could do it, but I'm not sure if its really worth it.