The whole pause situation..

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know for a fact there is a way to keep track or pausing, with the alt+tab staying in, maybe without the game still "running".

try this..

have all info in the client, suppose, somone kills you while alt+tabbed

when you bring the window back up...boom, dead.

same with most things.

i mean, that, the client sends if he killed a actor, if he did...

then , the player dies, depending on who killed him, when he gets back ingame.

hope you can sort of understand what i mean...

(after freezing for 5 seconds VULNERABLE)

I like this idea,

when you really need the pause (and not becouse you're someone who can't stand alive with it), you'll hide yourself and press pause, so they won't find you (hopefully) for 5 secs, your save and later you'll continue.

or at least let the server admin+ choose wich pause options are enabled. (invurnerable, kill, 5 sec method)

or make a pause limit (like 5 or something) just like in Age of Mythology.

wich makes pauses rare so you will think about it twice before you pause the game. this will prevent using pause as a shield.

becouse when you really need it, it's gone!

:D

... and its not allowed in any other mp game

do you have ever played anohter mp game? seems like you didn't!

please inform me of another multiplayer game that allows you to pause thereby rendering you invincible, i'd like to see it....

you aren't pausing in those games you are viewing the menu, big difference.

Kent

allows you to pause thereby rendering you invincible

What about rendering you vulnerable for 5 seconds and THEN rendering you invincible. What harm could this cause on a stunt server, or some other game mode like CTF?

on ctf someone could grab the enemy flag and pause till the own flag is returned

and opium, you dont have to quit your game, just dont respawn

and plz someone list 1 mp game where you can be paused like in the 0.4.x core

allows you to pause thereby rendering you invincible

What about rendering you vulnerable for 5 seconds and THEN rendering you invincible. What harm could this cause on a stunt server, or some other game mode like CTF?

on ctf someone could grab the enemy flag and pause till the own flag is returned

and opium, you dont have to quit your game, just dont respawn

and plz someone list 1 mp game where you can be paused like in the 0.4.x core

judging by MTA's past, i wouldnt want to just sit in the char select screen in fear of crashing...

I used to Play 'Sudden Strike'........

A real time strategy game,like 'Command and Conquer'.

It was multiplayer,and it DID allow players to pause.

Only drawback was,it paused the whole game for everyone :shock:

Fortunately any player could also unpause :wink:

On Topic:

If you really have to leave the game......leave.

Pausing isnt a necessity,i'm perfectly able to answer the phone/roll a joint/scratch my arse, and play,all at the same time.......

If its a poo you need to be doing,find a heli,land on a high building,and rush off to 'Unleash your Cargo'......

9 times out of 10,everyone is to busy 'Stubbywarring' to track down a heli,fly to your location and kill you.........

I used to Play 'Sudden Strike'........

A real time strategy game,like 'Command and Conquer'.

It was multiplayer,and it DID allow players to pause.

Only drawback was,it paused the whole game for everyone :shock:

Fortunately any player could also unpause :wink:

aye.. it's like that in the Age of Empires series as well, any player can pause, but causes a mass pause, yet any other player can still unpause the game too. I guess this method has it's advantages and drawbacks too :/

i don't think it would work well with large amount of players though.

- Bungle

aye.. it's like that in the Age of Empires series as well, any player can pause, but causes a mass pause, yet any other player can still unpause the game too. I guess this method has it's advantages and drawbacks too :/

i don't think it would work well with large amount of players though.

- Bungle

lol that would sure as hell piss plp off, much more than one pauser (if the pause was locked for instance :P )

one guy goes off to do something, while the other players have to wait for him to get back, looking at a paused screen.

If you pause your free to die and get hurt just like in Quake 3, Halo or any other MP game.

If would be nice like if in Quake 3, a little icon was above your head saying "PAUSE" or "TYPING" that way you can either 1) Ignore him and wait till hes done to get a clean kill (or just hunt another pray) 2) Be a lamer and kill him and act all powerful and n00bish.