I got an idea....

Guest Mr.Stevo

I bet this is gona be lame for all members but...Would'nt it be cool to run and gun with an M16's?Not the shot gun its pretty lame already...and grenades,throwing them while running would be good.Come on man atleast the run and gun with m16s gota be in blue!!!!

Hum .. i dont thik that would match with the animation , since when u aim the guy moves the run up , and aims . and when he runs it uses a different animation.. not sure tough ..

nah theres no problem with the anims, just use the colt anim...

im always suprised what kind of suggestions ppl post, i mean BLUE will support mods!

...why do you ask here if the team can change 1 line in a simple text file if you can do that yourself and then run your own server?

I really would like to see a feature like this included....

why included?

the team always tried to keep mta true to its sp characteristics, just synched for mp..

so i wouldnt mind if they would stay on that path

if you wanna play different than just slap your mod into your server and play with those files :roll:

(tho i was kinda suprised when eAi said that the team never thought about maps so i really wonder WHICH files we can actually modify and which not, ive always thought we could mod everything)

I think the m60 would be absolutely lethal if one could move whilst firing it. As for using the colt animation that would be rather.. odd, You'd need extremely strong arms to be able to hold an m60 in one hand at arms length like that rather than braced against your body :)

Hmm well the M4 is in MTAVC, spot the difference:

M4

Please explain the difference and why it would be 'cool' to put much time into replacing a weapon with one that is practically the same.

i know that this is not exactly helping but anyways.

The difference between these two weapons from apearence there isnt any,The real difference is ithat the m4 is the military version of this weapon and is a bit more powerfull,the m16 is the civilian version of this same weapon which is less powerfull .

I also believe however this im not sure , that the m4 version you are cappable of using addons like the well known M203 grenade and the m16 you cant .

But in the game i really doubt that this has any big difference.

Edited by Guest
Hmm well the M4 is in MTAVC, spot the difference:

M4

m4.jpg

m16

m16.jpg

Please explain the difference and why it would be 'cool' to put much time into replacing a weapon with one that is practically the same.

i feel so dumb... i have just realized that the sailor carries the M4.. i always thought that it was an M16 :roll:

anyway, there IS a difference between the two. the M4 has automatic fire, while the M16 fires its shots in bursts of 3. i would guess that the guns are very similar in other aspects though since the M4 is based off of the M16. so i actually would agree.. we do not need the M16 in the game because it doesnt have auto fire, which makes it less lethal.

i know that this is not exactly helping but anyways.

The difference between these two weapons from apearence there isnt any,The real difference is ithat the m4 is the military version of this weapon and is a bit more powerfull,the m16 is the civilian version of this same weapon which is less powerfull .

I also believe however this im not sure , that the m4 version you are cappable of using addons like the well known M203 grenade and the m16 you cant .

But in the game i really doubt that this has any big difference.

incorrect. the M16 is the weapon used by the US marines and the US army, while the M4 is used only by certain special forces. the M16 was created in the 60s or 70s. a short time ago, a weapon called the M4 was created, based off the M16 (hence the resemblance). the M4 has automatic fire, the M16 does not.

i dont know which weapon is more 'powerful,' but they both can hold the M203 grenade launcher as well as other mods. i think the M4 is more customizable though.

You know a worrying amount about weapons :)

'the M4 has automatic fire, while the M16 fires its shots in bursts of 3' interesting, note that the 'M16' in GTA3 fires auto, so the realism doesnt really come into it evidently.

Basically i think Stanton just posted without knowing what on earth: A] was being discussed. and b] he was saying. But it gave me an excuse to post some pictures of guns that reminded me of playing with my 'Action Man' when i was a child (G.I. Joe in America i think) So it's all good :)