Cars (Drive-bys)

Guest S373N

I played the Diaz mission again today, and I caught an Idea! :idea:

In the diaz missons you have to work togheter with lance vance.

like in the helicopter and the boat.

so one operates the buisness (shooting) and the other does the flying, like the missons of diaz you have to fly with the helicopter with lance against "the gang". with an open door and, you can shoot. Maybe the mta team is able to rip this function from the missions.

and with te car or boat, is much easier:

car: with a pickup: one drives, the other crouches in the back.

boat: type of boat doesn't matter: one farez and the other is standing in the back (where the couches are).

so the mta team only has to program the helicopter controls :D

I hope very much this is hopefully will be included in blue

there is an opcode to place a player in turret mode to any car. this does "glue" the player at the specified offset, however in the current core the shooting from turret mode is not synced. if blue core has all weapons synced (including the weapons only shootable from first person perspective), "glueing" a player to the back of a car would not be hard to do at all, that is if scm coding will be available to the creation of addons like they say it will.

when i said 'any car', i meant any thing that you can drive. this means helis, boats, anything. for that helicopter mission, you are placed in turret mode at a slight offset to the left. and that specific opcode is used.

if this opcode was to be used to place a player in turret mode on a heli with the current core, there is a big possibility the person will get chopped into oblivian due to lag, and also the shooting would (still) not be synced, however the players position would always remain at a certain offset to wherever that helicopter is, whether a player is driving it or not.

if we don't include glueing code with blue (its likely we wont because its more of an addition than keeping true to the game), then we'll probably release some code so that addon developers can implement this themselves.

Kent

yes but if ur planning it to be part of an scm addon, then how the hell are u going to make boat passengers. on gtat u just slide off, its very gay, i think it defeats the point in boats really(apart from racing). if the glue feature is dun, then ull just glue on as a passenger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...