Modifications

I mean are all players allowed to install and use there own mods, so if i dont have the same mods the players can do things i cant, and go to places i cant.

Or can we only use mods when the specific mod is supported on the server im gonna join.

Or is the server admin able to install mods on his/her server so all the players are using the same mod?

Compare it to another multiplayer game like Counter-Strike. The server 'decides' what addons you should be running. Once you join the server, your client will load those addons.

So just wanted to get an understanding on this, will the server copy all the edited version on the server admins vc then send them and when the client recieves them it installes them? have i got the right idea?

I think you guys are misunderstanding the concept...

and Addon is basically code and data to customize the gameplay, for example there will possibly be a DM addon, or a CTW addon, or a Speed addon (I just used these as an example, and does not mean they will or will not be in the release of BLUE).

Addons are written to give the addon developer control over GTAVC, as such you can use these to write your own gamemodes.. in game effects etc... But in the basic sense, 1 addon can be loaded and that addon is determined by the server.

Kent

Edited by Guest
I think you guys are misunderstanding the concept...

and Addon is basically code and data to customize the gameplay, for example there will possibly be a DM addon, or a CTW addon, or a Speed addon (I just used these as an example, and does not mean they will or will not be in the release of BLUE).

Addons are written to give other people control over GTAVC, as such you can use these to write your own gamemodes.. in game effects etc... But in the basic sense, 1 addon can be loaded and that addon is determined by the server.

Kent

I guess its cool then since the server decides which mod/mode/addon is running.

btw. Sorry if i was unclear, but its 4:30AM. :wink:

I figure these addon's are, as IJS stated, loaded from the server onto your pc. And are only loaded when they are on the specific-server. Thus you don't need to download any modifications/addon's at all.

Compare it to the Warcraft III-mod for Counter-Strike. When you join a server with this mod you only have to download all the .wav-files and nothing more to play this mod. Even though it is a huge gameplay-change.

So to go short: Modding will only be allowed via specific server's and people can only use their own mod's by making their own server's.

Sounds very, very good to me. 8)

• Moderators
Compare it to another multiplayer game like Counter-Strike. The server 'decides' what addons you should be running. Once you join the server, your client will load those addons.

lemme guess, in CS i installed statsme serverside, but with the client clean.

Now i ask, will the client download the mods of the server or we need to install it before?

you knew in cs when you enter to a server and you dont have the map (for example) the client automatically dl it

what about txd (havnt read the whole topic)

txd files would be harder to install then most files, same as dff

any chance modding skins/models will be in there?

(probably will, just clairifying.)

OMG u should make a thing like VCM in the menue and u add your mods in a folder and in the menue of MTA Blue u but mods and it shows all the mods in that folder and u can easly install and unistall the mods. and also i think i am not sure u got some suggestions from me and u added them but not sure notg sure at all. probaply not but u know maybe maybe.

OMG u should make a thing like VCM in the menue and u add your mods in a folder and in the menue of MTA Blue u but mods and it shows all the mods in that folder and u can easly install and unistall the mods. .
ya that would be cool. what also be nice is one of those built in chat rooms(hopefully if there is not too many ppl).they had in half-life but it was gay
OMG u should make a thing like VCM in the menue and u add your mods in a folder and in the menue of MTA Blue u but mods and it shows all the mods in that folder and u can easly install and unistall the mods. .
ya that would be cool. what also be nice is one of those built in chat rooms(hopefully if there is not too many ppl).they had in half-life but it was gay

Speaking of chat, there is still a chatbox isn't there? I haven't seen one in any of the screenshots, and the upload / download text is placed where the chat box normally is.