New core suggestions

Aeron

1. Add vertical rotation so you have car movement more synced: If you are passenger on a PCJ, and make a turn you notice you flip out the corner, as driver you flip in the corner.

2. No bullet tails (With cooperation with suggestion #3)

3. Let other players control your health: If you hit a player, you send the health of the player who you shot. This means: if you shot a player on YOUR screen, you actually shot him and that does maybe mean for the other player you missed on HIS screen. If you remove the bullet tails you can't see he missed. This avoid's 'lag' and you dont have to shoot forward. I beleave this is the way they do it in CS.

With the last suggestion can be dangerous for hackers crackers and other scum, but i think it's great.

The trouble with suggesting things is that they might have incoporated it into the core already. But anyway, one thing I'd like to see is the "new method for reading / writing game data" which resulted in those ultra-smooth video clips. I hate being a passenger because of the way the car "jumps" all the time.

They said they'll release patches for 0.4 which will accomodate the extra islands.

When is this suppose to release? (idea, not exact date/time)

no clue..

They don't really hint too much about release dates. The next release will include the middle island and maybe a new release for VC. But this will still be in the current core.

I have suggestions for the next releases of version 0.4 but that's not what this thread is for.

For the new core we don't know what's possible or already planned so ideas are a shot in the dark but I would love to see boats make an apperance.

Boats, ehh for what... unless there will be a mode for like racing, or like picking up a certain breif case and taking it to a certain location away from the people with the guns in the cars... for money lol (basically wanting ammunation for VC) heh, then people wont whine saying stop spawning robber ect.

We do like to hear your suggestions, but we do "suggest" that you wait for more information on the new core before you make suggestions. The new core will be revolutionary (we believe) so many of your existing preconceptions of MTA are invalid for it. As we do so like saying, "Wait and see!"

eAi

offcourse we'll have to wait for a client, if there's no client, how would we be able to use it?

Yeah... I phrased the question better last time, but I can't seem to find it. It's difficult to explain what I meant.

If there is no client how do they know the core is done?

that may be a dumb question but it makes sense to me...

100% core means a new version or a new progress bar?

Yeah that bar is slightly ambiguous. I think as a team we consider it to be 100% when we release the first version using the new core, as the core and the client are one and the same essentially.

eAi

i like the ideas, BUT i thinkt he bullets tails itself are hardcoded, i think you can only change the textures of it (and i also think that there are no invisible textures yet)

i think getting rid of the bullet trails wouldnt be a problem, in the end they could still edit the header of the texture or just black out the alpha...