68 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your opinion about gtat

• Its still buggy
    • The multiplayer part is good
    • Didnt tried it yett
    • Needs more Work
    • Whats GTAT???

understand that mta will and stay the best till gtat gets better

GTAT is clearly bad at this point.. The reason for the venom is that Version .5 has been promised since last august with a feature list and shit talk in this forum.. Every dickweed who is on the outs with MTA makes a final post about how they are going to play or their gang is now going to GTAT and GTAT owns MTA ect...

It seems like kicking someone when they are down but for those of us who have been strictly MTA people and have heard all the promises of a better tomorrow it's time to remember. For me it's like scratching that itch under my balls... It may not be pretty but it feels oh so good :wink:

Every dickweed who is on the outs with MTA makes a final post about how they are going to play or their gang is now going to GTAT and GTAT owns MTA ect...

Yeah, I love they way they think that we actually care... cracks me up every time :roll:

9 times out of 10 I'm glad to be rid of them.

lol gtaT's first version was 0.3 wtf happened to 0.1 v0.2 0.4????? :?

0.1 had no weapons and cars, 0.2 was crappy and then he jumped from 0.3 to 0.5 (cause there was "loads" of improvement)

Do you think it's a "clever" marketing strategy so that people think that GTAT is more advanced than MTA because it has a higher version number? (By "people", I mean "idiots", of course)

• 2 months later...

i dont understand why some of you are disrespecting GTAT, look at the GTAT version 0.3, and then look at the GTAT version 0.5e, and you will see much improvement. In fact, it will beat MTA some day, for example look at the improvements between 0.3 and 0.4 for vice city( though gta3 mta 0.4 has become much better then gta3 mta 0.3b). This just needs time

it might be better some day, if all the features that were promised actually were implemented. Let's face it, if 96 players were actually playing, gtaT would definatly be as good as MTA (if gtaT's crashes were fixed, or at least reduced to the number MTA has). But for now it really stinks, sorry to say. And if draco wants to beat mta, he will have to be very quick, and release the 'good' version before mta completes the new core, any other MP-mod is rendered garbage compared to the things seen in the new core teaser.

i dont understand why some of you are disrespecting GTAT, look at the GTAT version 0.3, and then look at the GTAT version 0.5e, and you will see much improvement. In fact, it will beat MTA some day, for example look at the improvements between 0.3 and 0.4 for vice city( though gta3 mta 0.4 has become much better then gta3 mta 0.3b). This just needs time

hmm, 0.3 worked good, 0.5 doesn't, now where's the improvement?

hmm, 0.3 worked good, 0.5 doesn't, now where's the improvement?

Well, if you're looking at it from that point of view, MTA 0.3 crashed a lot less than 0.4. However, because of the extra features they added, I'd say without a doubt that 0.4 was an improvement on 0.3.

The major fact that you're all forgetting is that MTA is a team of approximately a dozen; I'm not sure what the actually number is. GTAT has only one, or two, programmers. The only point that contradicts this is in the fact GTAT uses a Delphi/Kylix backbone, Delphi being a RAD (Rapid Application Development) language, meaning that the GTAT team can rapidly develop features that would otherwise take more extensive amounts of time for MTA due to its C++ and x86 (IA-32) nature; I only mention Assembly as I would assume that a lot of MTA's new core will optimize much lower level features that aren't normally attainable with higher level languages.

In regards to comments about GTAT surpassing MTA in the future, since I assume MTA is merely hesitant to remark on this since it would be showboating in their case, that is quite the arbitrary statement. Although GTAT boasts numerous features that would appear to add functionality to their gameplay, those same features must be approached from a lower level region opposed to the methods that they are currently using, one example being SCM injection. Although GTAT's programmers are skilled as they have produced a useable beta release, they also lack knowledge that would bring forth the current state of their modification, not to sound pessimistic, but hacking a program's engine to the degree that they jive is much more complex then they could ever begin to comprehend in regards to a higher level language.

Kudos to both the MTA team and GTAT team for their efforts and accomplishments, both of which should never be underestimated or misconceived.

It took Barna a long time to get GGM 0.1 to the beta stages for a release, don't underestimate that. You're right to a degree, the less people you have the more focused your team will generally be, although in the case of a modification like this I don't believe any of you understand how much code goes into it. Don't think it's just a walk in the park, adding a few lines of code to make an extravagant engine, creating merely a freeview spectator algorithm that parses along all three axis can reach nearly a thousand lines of code, if not more, so yes, size does matter in the end. Being able to assign different jobs to people simplifies the process opposed to having one person working on all the components. I assure you that if only IJs was working on MTA at the current it wouldn't be anywhere close to where it is now, not to undermine his capabilities, but if you want quality as you said then throwing a ton of work at one person is never the way to go.

I believe most of you grossly underestimate the work Barna did, which is truly sad.

Just to point out, although we have somewhere around a dozen team members, not all are programmers, and we are very spread out over the entire set of projects on the go (whether it be expanding 0.4.x, or working on the new core). At any given time nowadays, there is a few of us working on the new core projects (not just Client, but Server and other related tools). Since demand has grown, so have expectations of us ... therefore, we have had to grow to meet ALL areas of the mod, which all come together to be just as important as one another.

Hard to justify any of this, but we may have a greater quantity, but we also have some of the highest quality in the community.

I believe most of you grossly underestimate the work Barna did, which is truly sad.

I won't even start on how big an influence GGM was on this project

To have 0.2 completely superceeded out of no where turned heads fast (even though it finished in, i believe late 2002. That project was completely ahead of its time in my mind.

Barna's efforts are well and truely appreciated here, and coding anything like this is a mission...

In regards to gtat its improving in leaps and bounds imho, I still love the work draco and his team are putting out, keep it up guys

• 2 weeks later...

the problem is , MTA is at a high level , but cant get any higher, but GTAT is at a lower level , and comes closer and closer, BTW @mr bump, 0.5 isnt finished , but yes it will be a lot better than 0.3, look at the changelog (a lot has been fixed), MTA hasnt got something like that, and when i report a bug, its always a known one but nothing happens, and the GTAT team always release a beta beta version, until the final version is ready for release

Edited by Guest