Sign in to follow this  
BingBo

[SOLVED]Resize if passes parent size.

Hi, I have created a GUI system using DX drawing, and I need to know how to resize the "elements" if they pass over the parent size. I heard that you can use render targets and dxDrawImageSection, but I don't understand how to use it.

Edited by Guest

Which function are you using? If you are using dxCreateTarget, just do destroy old and make new for resizing.

I'm creating the render target outside any function, then I set it to that, then I render my code and after that I reset the render target.

There is no function to change size. You have to do is "destroyElement(yourTarget) then dxCreateTarget(width, height)"

I think that you didn't understand me, what I'm trying to do is resize the "element" of my custom GUI when it goes over the size of the parent the "element" is created on, like the CEGUI does.

Just draw everything in the render target, then you can draw the render target; ANY size.

(Everything inside will of course get smaller)

Anyways what's your resolution?

Get the render target to fit on YOUR screen, then you can do size*(screenWidth/yourResolution), size*(screenHeight/yourResolution) and so on.