MTA vs SAMP

Zallomallo

Question

11 answers to this question

First reason is program name. If you google "GTA SA multiplayer", it will show SA-MP in the first place because it's "San Andreas Multiplayer". Another reason is release date. SA-MP was released earlier than MTA SA DM (don't know what about MTA SA Race, but it has less freedom). Then most players got used to it and now they're afraid of moving. By the way, SA-MP being released earlier means less work and more bugs/less features :) When I look at feature suggestions topic in SA-MP forums, I see that almost anything players request is possible in MTA.

First reason is program name. If you google "GTA SA multiplayer", it will show SA-MP in the first place because it's "San Andreas Multiplayer". Another reason is release date. SA-MP was released earlier than MTA SA DM (don't know what about MTA SA Race, but it has less freedom). Then most players got used to it and now they're afraid of moving. By the way, SA-MP being released earlier means less work and more bugs/less features :) When I look at feature suggestions topic in SA-MP forums, I see that almost anything players request is possible in MTA.

SA-MP and MTA should merge, adding Pawn support to MTA's functions!

I'm just curious, what makes anybody think this topic isn't going off-topic just like the other two I can remember off-hand?

Besides, most reasons have already been "isolated". It boils down to some kind of xenophobia (fear of the unknown), routine (when you use a program/system/game/horribly buggy mod for years, you tend to stick with it,) the social aspect (sticking with whatever your friends/clan members are playing,) or in many cases: bias and misinformation. In this case, sadly, people blindly believe certain people who're lying and censoring for their own profit, and there are many SA-MP players who think they know all there is to know about MTA even if their information is already extremely outdated. (If I had a penny for every time I heard "but mta iz just raec lulz herp derp", I could buy out SA-MP tomorrow. :roll: )

This or any combination. I think that pretty much covers it.

(And then, of course, there's just the sheer fanboyism, but that's everywhere.)

PS: if any SA-MPf*g feels belligerent here and wants to say that this is just an MTA fanboy speaking, let me reassure you: I was once a SA-MP fanboy too... (then turned into an MTA fanboy...) now I'm not a fanboy for either one, I just recognize which is clearly the better mod overall.

Agreed, and the last time I checked, the amount of different servers was really horrible. Almost no deathmatch, mostly undeveloped RPGs and the rest was Race servers (which I, personally, can't find interesting for very long) and assorted default modes.

This isn't going to change unless people get more invested and try to take the step, though.

(and that, for the record, has been said before too.. :mrgreen: )