[REL] Yet another Speedometer

driver2

Hi,

I finally released my speedometer. I wasn't really satisfied with the speedometers that were already there, and of course it's fun to make something yourself. So what is special about this one?

It's design is pretty plain, but it's still quite versatile. It includes a speedometer (obviously), but also an altimeter (that shows your height while in a plane/helicopter) and an odometer. I always liked to see an analog odometer in MTA that resembles the ones in real cars (with turning digits), so I made one using dx-functions. It's quite hacky (with dxDrawText and boundingbox/cutting off overlapping text), but it seems to work.

Since the scale of the speedometer (0, 20, 40, ..) is not a static picture but instead drawn by dx-functions as well, it can be changed easily. Every vehicle can have it's own scale based on it's approximate maximum speed.

And of course there's an extensive GUI that let's each player customize the appearance of the speedometer and save the changes in a local file.

Pictures and of course download are in resource center, if you are interested:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... ils&id=559

Greetings

Hi,

I finally released my speedometer. I wasn't really satisfied with the speedometers that were already there, and of course it's fun to make something yourself. So what is special about this one?

It's design is pretty plain, but it's still quite versatile. It includes a speedometer (obviously), but also an altimeter (that shows your height while in a plane/helicopter) and an odometer. I always liked to see an analog odometer in MTA that resembles the ones in real cars (with turning digits), so I made one using dx-functions. It's quite hacky (with dxDrawText and boundingbox/cutting off overlapping text), but it seems to work.

Since the scale of the speedometer (0, 20, 40, ..) is not a static picture but instead drawn by dx-functions as well, it can be changed easily. Every vehicle can have it's own scale based on it's approximate maximum speed.

And of course there's an extensive GUI that let's each player customize the appearance of the speedometer and save the changes in a local file.

Pictures and of course download are in resource center, if you are interested:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... ils&id=559

Greetings