Pausing the game makes you invincible?

So im playing a nice game of MTA and im about to kill some guy with my shotgun but he wont ever die... He just stands there so i take my bat and start beating on him and he never dies! I walk away and he shoots me in the back. I ask about how this could happen and some say hes using a trainer most say he just paused his game. Is it true that you cannot die when you pause the game cuz if thats true you dont even need a trainer to cheat... This exploit needs to be fixed immediately.

If u alt-tab out to do something else then yes, you are invincible. I fail to see how you could successfully use this to cheat however, for instance the guy you where trying to batter with the baseball bat has no means of knowing when you have stopped and are walkign away, as he is not in the game to see it happening.

I think youll find this is a limitation of the gta3 series, rather than of mta, if the game continued whilst a player is alt tabbed it could cause horrendous desync when that alt-tabbed player returned, as his VC would expect him to still be there with same health etc.