Windows Server Crashing(I have tried everthing To fix it)

DemonSeed

Question

I am the Owner of the SiK Racing Server,

and we always had a problem with the windows server crashing ever since the 1.0 was released.(BTW it's really great, except for the issuse I have been having)

When we first started with basic scripts that came with it, and a few that we use from our old DP server.

It always crashes at least 1-2 times a day :(

At first we started out on a windows 2003 Server with 512MB of memory on the server, CPU is not the problem I'm sure, it's a quad-core.

So I deceided to try another OS, so we switched to XP, still crashes :S

I though it was too little memory, since it was giving an error in the logs "Not enough Memory" 1/8 of the time before it crashes.

Upgraded to 1024 memory, no luck still crashes -_-

So it's probably the scripts you would think next, so we weeded out all the shit maps or maps that would not load, all the scripts that was not being used or did not work. And proceeded to try again, still crashes :S

Then it started giving a "This Program has encountered an error and needs to close" it does not show this everytime it crashes, only sometimes, but it shows ntdll.dll on the right side of the box, now I'm good with windows, but i'm not a expert to figure out these kind of errors, I tried to copy the event viewer, but for some strange reason it kept on closing itself.

I'm sure it's not the MTA Coding itself because I have seen other servers be on 24/7 without crashing once, the only problems I have heard is with linux.(for obvious reasons)

Also this happens at random it seems, we had it crash after 17 hours of being online, and it crashed 2x in 10 minutes, we have had high amounts of people on as well as barely any when the crashes occur.

I'm pretty much out of options here, I would really appreciate if someone could help me get our server stable.

2 answers to this question