cracky

MTA Dead?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. MTA Dead?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but its going to die, soon.

Question

I'd like to ask... what do you think... with the release of GTA4, which offers a multiplayer straight - does anyone have interest in MTA anymore?

In my opinion MTA did always have a small userbase which melted down due to the enormous delays over and over again and again. But now, in spite of the release as open source project, I finally think MTA is dead (or at least going to die finally very soon).

Greetz and nice holiday wishes!

• Answers 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Finish GTA3:MTA and MTA:VC before anything else.
More like MTA:SA first -.-

To make it clear to everyone that keeps bringing up MTA:SA...I already said, that was for AFTER it is completed. Why would they complete something after it's already done? That makes no sense at all. I beg of you, READ THE ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE POSTING. Thanks! :)

I've already read it but its not like I'm going to re-read it everytime.

I beg of you, DROP THE FUCKING 0.5 DISCUSSION EVERYWHERE. Thanks! :):roll:

This is exactly why, you just keep dragging on topics about 0.5 calling them 'discussing' when in the end you argue against everyone.

I didn't start this topic, nor did I start any arguments. I defended myself, but I didn't begin any of the arguing you now see here.

And for the record, no, I will not stop discussing 0.5. I don't care if you think it's dead or not. The forums still exist here and the MTA team has not officially said that the project is no longer to be discussed on these forums, so I have all the right to try and rally support for it again. If enough users request for it to be updated, maybe the MTA team will see that it's worth doing again. That probably won't happen unless the users actually make it worth the work for them, and you all know it. Let's please get back on topic here. I want this project to survive and thrive, not die because users cannot agree on the goal of keeping it alive.

May I request a lock of this topic to save MTA's sanity lol? :lol:

I didn't start this topic, nor did I start any arguments. I defended myself, but I didn't begin any of the arguing you now see here.

And for the record, no, I will not stop discussing 0.5. I don't care if you think it's dead or not. The forums still exist here and the MTA team has not officially said that the project is no longer to be discussed on these forums, so I have all the right to try and rally support for it again. If enough users request for it to be updated, maybe the MTA team will see that it's worth doing again. That probably won't happen unless the users actually make it worth the work for them, and you all know it. Let's please get back on topic here.I want this project to survive and thrive, not die because users cannot agree on the goal of keeping it alive.

I don't know who started. Does it matter? You really think that EVERYTHING happens INSTANTLY. Well newsflash, nothing is instant. Not even just releasing source code. Besides, I think it isn't even ready to be released anyway... Give it some time dude, the only thing you're doing right now, is getting on people's nerves.

And since when didn't they see the importance? In fact, how you even know? You seem to be pulling out some false conclusions to get VC running again. Well, that's not how the world works, and it won't change to that either. Especially not if you keep on annoying everyone with EXACTLY the same thing, then the world will hate you. It probably WILL be done, but everything on it's own time... Try to realize that for once.

I don't care if you like me or not, I don't care if others like me after this post either. You're just pissing me off by now, and notice that I'm actually a quite patient person on that point IRL. So I'm probably FAR from the only one being pissed off right now. Hopefully, you stop posting these posts that are reaching absolutely NOTHING but annoyance, and just discuss other things until the MTA team finds time.

Okay, seriously, you guys are looking way too far into my posts. For the tenth time, I'M NOT TRYING TO FORCE ANYONE TO DO ANYTHING. I'm making suggestions, stating ideas, and trying to get support for THE FUTURE. Of course I know they won't be working on this any time soon. Seriously now, I'm not stupid. Quit trying to shut me up just because you've given up the the project's release being any time soon. I'm not rushing anybody...for ****'s sake I'm just asking for support so when judgment day rolls around, the MTA Team *may* actually consider working on the project again. Obviously if no one supports the idea of playing these games on MTA again, then they won't bother with it. You guys seriously need to really think about it for a second. I'm not here to act like a noob and piss anyone off. I'm just here looking for IDEAS and SUPPORTERS so if and when they actually start working on it again, the project doesn't die from lack of interest.

Side note: This post is not aimed at you specifically Gamesnert. :)

And since when didn't they see the importance? In fact, how you even know? You seem to be pulling out some false conclusions to get VC running again. Well, that's not how the world works, and it won't change to that either. Especially not if you keep on annoying everyone with EXACTLY the same thing, then the world will hate you. It probably WILL be done, but everything on it's own time... Try to realize that for once.

Read.

It'll be done on it's own time. You actually ARE annoying people, seen the reactions I got on my server concerning the post above. And by the way, in case you STILL haven't noticed, repeating the same thing every second, minute, hour, day or week is pointless...

Remind the team when they DO have time to do this.

Side note: This post IS aimed at you Sugar.

Okay, seriously, you guys are looking way too far into my posts. For the tenth time, I'M NOT TRYING TO FORCE ANYONE TO DO ANYTHING. I'm making suggestions, stating ideas, and trying to get support for THE FUTURE. Of course I know they won't be working on this any time soon. Seriously now, I'm not stupid. Quit trying to shut me up just because you've given up the the project's release being any time soon. I'm not rushing anybody...for ****'s sake I'm just asking for support so when judgment day rolls around, the MTA Team *may* actually consider working on the project again. Obviously if no one supports the idea of playing these games on MTA again, then they won't bother with it. You guys seriously need to really think about it for a second. I'm not here to act like a noob and piss anyone off. I'm just here looking for IDEAS and SUPPORTERS so if and when they actually start working on it again, the project doesn't die from lack of interest.

Side note: This post is not aimed at you specifically Gamesnert. :)

You've been nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging AND NAGGING about the same thing like a billion times now, and I, too, find myself growing tired of it. Gamesnert has a very good point: kindly shut the hell up.

You've been nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging AND NAGGING about the same thing like a billion times now, and I, too, find myself growing tired of it. Gamesnert has a very good point: kindly shut the hell up.

I agree. I'd love to see MTA 0.5 updated as well, Sugar, and have been attempting to do so for around 1.5 years, and I pretty much just lurk here, waiting. Just chill out and wait.