Question about velocity

Lergen

I've been tinkering around with a carball gamemode, and while it largely works I'm having trouble understanding probably the most important bit - which is how the ball itself works. From reading older posts the "trick" some official servers use is replacing a vehicle's model with a sphere. And while this technically seems to work, the physics are a bit wonky as the ball is too hard to budge when it collides with another vehicle, so I'm guessing there's an additional element of scripting here to help the ball move around, but I'm not exactly sure where to start as I've not messed around in this area too much. Any suggestions as to how to give the element that sort of kick when it collides with something? It'd be appreciated.

Edited by Lergen

Hm, yeah I've been messing with the vehicle handling parameters, while I can get the ball to roll around the ground like it should, it doesn't seem like there's anything handling-wise that would make it "arc" into the air when something hits it. My best guess right now is getting the player vehicle's velocity, and then increasing the ball's Z axis based off of that. I've not tested it yet though.