Vote spamming

I will open up a thread for this, as I know that it is already been a little bit annoying so far. It is nice that mta only allows a person to vote once every so often, but it will allow back to back voting from different people. When your in the middle of a race, anyone who has died will try to switch the map, not letting anyone try to finish the race. It's quite annoying having to vote no every 20 seconds so that you can continue on with the race.

Next Suggestion, maybe a time limit in a future version for the freeroam type games. (Perticular flying heli's, when everyone just flys around for 1/2 hour and no one dies.)

Other than that, I have to say MTA blue was well worth the wait. It has come a long way since the original mta .1 (I've been playing mta since the first release.) It is amazing what you guys have done with this mod, and I can see that there is a ton of potential for it in the future.

Side Note: fairly stable, still a few kinks that will need to be worked out. In the 6 hours that I played, (mostly on one server) the server crashed one time, and my game crashed once. Much better than any previous version by far. Hope you will be able to iron out the mod a little more, and it will be really nice.

Thank you for your input.

The whole voting and related issues are somthing that we intend to look at closely for future releases, and we'd certainly like the community's input on what they think the best way to go is. Vote spamming is somthing we saw as a potential issue during QA, but we didn't really have the time to look at alternatives.

Somthing I've personally believed should happen is that votes are for voting for the next race rather than an instant race change. As you say, you could add a time limit (defined by the map creator or server owner?) that would end "free roam" maps after a certain ammount of time, handling normal races is harder in this case though, how do you stop one player hanging back or going and hiding and the race never ending? I expect the person who created the map could be made to define a time limit for it...

Anyway, we welcome input on this matter...

I think votes from players that are still alive should contribute more to the overall total than votes from players that are dead. I also think voting from dead players should be restricted. eAi's idea is good, except sometimes a majority of people will want to skip the current race because they don't like it.

so the reason for all this vote spamming is because.... people are bored! why? well it seems that you spend allot of time watching instead of playing. soooo, why not just respawn dead people with a crappy vehicle somewhere,

and still keep spectator mode as an option? i know i switched servers lots of times yesterday because i was so bored of sitting around watching.

Okay I was just on the crapper and had a great idea! When you die you get respawned at the start with full life, or for longer races you could have spawn checkpoints.