ravebean

0905: toggle_door/set_door opcode in LUA?

Hi, it is possible to use GTA SA opcode 0905(set door object to close, or open) in LUA script? Or how can I create door object(by script), and get possibility to continue script by add options for set this door closeable, or set this door openable?

createObject
createColRectangle
moveObject

you can use that

moveObject

For what? I want disable swinging of original GTA SA door, which have "physic", not write other script for statistic object.

45 minutes ago, CodyJ(L) said:

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/SetElementFrozen

Will freeze the door entirely. 

I saw that yesterday, but I fear this can freeze door in other than closed position. If so, I would need code to check door rotation, but I don't know how dynamic object "swingdoor" is seen by game (does it know present rotation angle of this object).

I know it's possible to do with "lockdoor" object(player can't open this door, door are open only when player get to interior(in SP)), because I saw that on some server, where player can buy apartment, and lock or unlock door(interior isn't in heaven like normal intriors, just in normal SA world).

Edited by ravebean
3g

set the elements collision to disabled, freeze then enable them.

If I recall correctly, setElementFrozen will immediately reset the door's rotation to closed position so you don't have to worry about it freezing in the wrong rotation.