What tool do you use to make GUI's?

TopAz

I use my brain and paper to do GUI.

I like your style. Can you tell me how do you do the calculation? Any formula or whatsoever?

That's where the brain part comes into play. This is all basic maths which you should know already. Draw on paper a square, give it a screen size (eg 1600x900, 1024x768), draw your GUI where you want and get a rough X and Y coords from paper. Draw another square for another screen resolution, draw your GUI, get coords. You can then start calculating the coords that are not screen dependent.

Or a simple way, you can find the formulas from people on the forum, I'm sure it's been posted many times but I like to be independent and do everything on my own - at least I learn something new this way.

I use my brain and paper to do GUI.

I like your style. Can you tell me how do you do the calculation? Any formula or whatsoever?

That's where the brain part comes into play. This is all basic maths which you should know already. Draw on paper a square, give it a screen size (eg 1600x900, 1024x768), draw your GUI where you want and get a rough X and Y coords from paper. Draw another square for another screen resolution, draw your GUI, get coords. You can then start calculating the coords that are not screen dependent.

Or a simple way, you can find the formulas from people on the forum, I'm sure it's been posted many times but I like to be independent and do everything on my own - at least I learn something new this way.

So, getting to the point, we have to play with the GUI coordinates in a graph. I saw people using formula to place a gui on top-left, bottom-right, center, etc. Where can I get those formulas?

Alignment is easier than you think. Again, paper is useful here. I drew these 2 for your information:

This is the easier alignment (screen corners)

aJUjA.png

This is the harder bit because more calculation is needed (middle/centre)

0UF0e.png

I hope you and people who need these will learn something from these drawings.

Alignment is easier than you think. Again, paper is useful here. I drew these 2 for your information:

This is the easier alignment (screen corners)

aJUjA.png

This is the harder bit because more calculation is needed (middle/centre)

0UF0e.png

I hope you and people who need these will learn something from these drawings.

Great thanks!