30 seconds at end of race.....

I recently held a small championship with 7 Stages all around 10 mins long, with a 2 minute respawn, so only the skilled would finish, but even tho not many people died, not many people finished the stages, because of the "ooso has won, race ends in 30 seconds" crap....

now what im wanting to do, is change that to be a whole 5 minutes, to give everyone a chance of finishing... cos if you follow this link here:

http://www.potholestudios.com/Content/pid=14.html

and look down the bottom, you will see just how many people DNF.

and i have checked thru the config file, and that 30 second thing isnt in there.

wich points to it being in another file, so i opend up every file that was on the server in a Hex editor, and to my surprise, i couldent find the thing in there.

Basically i wanna stretch the "race ends in 30 seconds" out to 5 minutes.

or even 10, to give everyone a chance of finishing the race.

can anyone point me in the right direction in the Hex editor?

You think one of the creators are gonna go back and modify the race mod just because you want it done? loads of people have made requests, however the MTA team are not going back to work on the race core, not while they are working on DM anyways, you can create your own racing gamemode with lua when DM comes out

wich points to it being in another file, so i opend up every file that was on the server in a Hex editor, and to my surprise, i couldent find the thing in there.

MTA gets ran through an encryption program before its released, specifically to stop you finding and changing things like that :wink:

I don't think you could change it anyway, the delay-time is probably client-side.

No ones going to update race, atleast not for a long time, we need the devs we have to help get DM finished for you :)

Edit: just read the post above..

It would actually take a long time to prepare all the code and files we need to change and release a new version, this will be very different in the future.

..and i do doubt you've made the race server any more stable, for the first reason i gave.

hiya dan, ye i was at the event and i hated the 30 secnds dan did you read my mind i was about to tell you this aswell lol coincadance

DM will be here pretty soon (I hope), that probably has a race mode (script) with it (if not someone will make it soon after release), which you can put with your server, and modify yourself. You could even make a script to do the whole championship automaticly, just wait a while (for DM) and you got what you want.

If you ask me, DM SHOULD have Race map compadibility.....

Cos in the header of all race map files, you see,

map mod="race" version="1.0"

So why cant they just make the one server compadible with everything, as, you know, that would be the Smart way to do things.

as say, the header of the map file, designates what game mode is to be played.

and why not also write in the header the end race timeout.....

And Danderton,

I have got complaints from EVERYONE who was in the championship about the 30 second timeout.

i wouldent have made this thread if it wasnt such a problem.

It would be nice in a later release of MTA Race (unless races are just gonna be part of MTA:DM) to have the option to change that in the config file (if possible). That way people that wanna make it to the end can do so, it's such a tease being in 2nd place yet not even finishing because the 1st place guy was over 30 seconds faster than you :shock: . Mind you, it is boring for those that are done the race to wait for others to finish but at the same time, the option would always be nice :wink:

And Danderton,

I have got complaints from EVERYONE who was in the championship about the 30 second timeout.

i wouldent have made this thread if it wasnt such a problem.

True ok sorry didnt know

Deathmatch is capable of reading Race syntax .map's.

However, race .map's syntax is outdated and DM's new syntax is a lot more flexible, and therefore its likely they will have to be converted (with necessary tools).

So that means the server will be able to have Race, VDM, and DM maps all in the same server, correct?

and about this "Tool" is that going to be a auctual release tool, or woll i have the fun of using Notepad to adjust all the maps?