Green Candy

The_GTA

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know anything about The_GTA? Can't anyone contact him?

Yes, I spoke to him a couple months ago. He said the EIR is still very close to his heart but was lacking documentation which made it very difficult for him to work on it. He's planning a documentation framework which should simplify his work, after that he'll continue his project.

• 1 month later...

The project is still ongoing, i think a new source update will come very soon within the next 2 weeks (But no Eir release), the last update was 2 weeks ago. He is currently working on LUA Multi Threading support and some other "big things" (I dont know what exactly) but i track the repo almost everyday.

PS2 Export Tool has been created while he researched the renderWare engine of GTA SA to improve his own knowledge about it. He also found a way to improve GTA SA's mipmaps. Both projects are finished.

Mipmapping:

GTA SA PS2 texture mod:

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I was just thinking about this project. Had a hard time remembering what the name of the project was but found it. And I was wondering what happened to it. Looks like he removed MTA:Eir from Assembla. So it looks like the project is now dead.

Edited by Backsage