Future of MTA:VC?

Kaltsu

Question

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to say that I am writing this topic just because of curiosity. I don't want to sound demanding and definitely don't want to make anybody angry or anything like that.

Alright, now as the MTA:SA DM is getting closer to the final release, I would like to request some information about the possible updates for the MTA:VC multiplayer mod. I guess it is clear that the developers probably want to take a rest after getting the final MTA:SA version released.

Now, many of you probably already think about the question, why develop something for an old game like Grand Theft Auto: Vice City? Well, the truth is that there are still many people playing Vice City. Maybe they like it more than other GTA versions or maybe their systems are capable for running only older games, such as Vice City. Well who knows, people have their reasons...

A long time ago the MTA team announced a new upcoming version of MTA:VC, which was to be built on the new Blue platform. You can still find some information about that version here: http://www.mtablue.info/. Of course the Blue core has been rewritten since those times, so the result is probably even better today.

Anyway, is the current Blue core version anyhow compatible with Vice City? Have you got any plans of making a new, Blue based MTA:VC release at some point in the future?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Guest

8 answers to this question

I think there's just too much on the SA to-do list. I personally love vice city, but most of the community have moved on to SA, and moving back to VC would just focus on a smaller section of the community.

I hope to see MTA on GTA3 and VC with the new core someday, but honestly its unlikely to happen. There are alternatives coming out such as GTA-LU (gta3) that seek to do what MTA always intended to do.

What Talidan says is accurate. We'd like to do VC, but it really depends on both our interest in VC lasting and the community's... Making mods for old games is done, but it's a fairly niche thing to do... So yes, we'd like to have MTA back on VC, but it'd be a lot of work...

What Talidan says is accurate. We'd like to do VC, but it really depends on both our interest in VC lasting and the community's... Making mods for old games is done, but it's a fairly niche thing to do... So yes, we'd like to have MTA back on VC, but it'd be a lot of work...

Thanks for your response eAi. Hopefully you guys and the entire community will get more interest towards Vice City, like in the good old days :).

Just take your time to get into some good stage with MTA:SA first.

Maybe the MTA Team should ask someone to work on that while they work on SA.

I agree.

IMHO MTA team should leave MTA:SA dm for a while and update MTA 0.5. MTA:SA dm have a lot of features... GTA3/VC players want it too or only half of this like scriptable gamemodes, BETTER SYNC and fixed servers browser. I think for experienced peoples like you it shouldnt be hard.