Questions about OVH

Alright, if you don't want a lot of bullshit to read... don't open the spoiler ( moderators, don't open the spoiler... I don't want to receive a warning for bad language. <3 )

OVH... OVH... OVH... where shall I start. Lets pick a good thing about OVH, they are offering you a nice Dedicated server for a nice price ( €50 for a month for quite an awesome machine! ). Their control panel is also lovely to use, the installations are fast and the deployments of new servers are really good! ( make sure you take a server from SoYouStart! ). With that being said, that's actually everything I can say in the subject; 'positive things about OVH'.

Their service, is so bad that even a monkey can do better. Why? I called them right after I had my server for oné day because I was running into a problem with Debian and x2go. Guess what, I got 4 different people and they all were like; Oh, you need a colleague for that. Let me redirect your call! and they just hang up, I've been waiting for quite a long time but they just cut the line. And finally, a 5th person said; Oh, I don't have any knowledge in Linux but I'll set up a server using your configurations and call you back when I know a solution. So, after 3 full days of waiting I decided to call them again. I got the same guy on the phone and he was like; Oh, ya. I don't have the problem so there is nothing I can do for you.

Lately, I decided to solve the problem myself and bought a Windows Server License. Works great, lovely ( positive! ) but you have to pay way too much for it ( gold diggers... ). I received a DDOS and called the company right away, they had some quite.. interesting thing to say about their ddos-protection; The system is avoiding almost everything but we can't block everything ( sure, that's true. ). So I told them about a 100mb/s ddos for 20 seconds which got a server down with 500mb/s down/up... that's just weird. That's impossible, they also started to act weird and didn't reply anymore. So I just solved it myself by blocking a few things in the firewall.

They called me because I was making modifications in my server of which I was not allowed, are they spying on me....? So, it's good as long as it works. If you get trouble, they'll run away.

in short; their servers are fine, not perfect. Their service center sucks harder than a girl while giving you a ... #cough.