VPS Details

Hello,

I want to ask to the hosting experienced guys what they think about a VPS with these details:

CPU: 1 Core

RAM: 1024 MB

Bandwidth: 1000 GB

(This is from the Host: Network Speed: 50 Mbps)

How good? How bad?

Depends, on what? Server players, etc... ?

The more information the better.

Thank you.

It is not, it will take up too much RAM,

30-50 Slots would do, as each MTA Server takes up about 500MB (( Tested it myself on Linux and Windows :D ))

So, I suggest you run your server as 50 Slots if you don't want lag.

The MTA server won't use more than 100MB ram in it's standard state with default resources, depending on the quality of the resources running on it there is absolutely no problem to keep it around 100-200mb RAM even with around 100 player slots and a full server. (Only a few servers reach a player amount higher than 100).

The only thing that takes around 500MB RAM is windows itself and some badly optimized Linux distributions, with those specifications you could as well host by yourself using an old computer and a light Linux distribution like crunch bang which only takes 100MB RAM to run, giving you 900MB for your servers. Linux are also better on the swap files. You can have up to 500MB RAM stored data in the swap (on the hard drive) as well without even noticing any lag.

I have been hosting multiple servers with that os on a 15 years old laptop without lag so I know what I'm talking about. It's all about optimizing the software.