[TUT] How to make MTA:SA Server with FTP

Oh ty,

It's fixed now :)

You should also note that everyone their modem/router is different. If they are using a different modem/router, let them go to http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ :)

I added it already, See the post carefully

3. Now Go To Advanced Settings > NAT > Virtual Servers ( Mine ISP is PTCL, You can search for it in your settings too) Or if you didn't find anything related to it, You can go http://www.portforwarding.com. It contains information of every router for opening ports.

Oh ty,

It's fixed now :)

You should also note that everyone their modem/router is different. If they are using a different modem/router, let them go to http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ :)

I added it already, See the post carefully

3. Now Go To Advanced Settings > NAT > Virtual Servers ( Mine ISP is PTCL, You can search for it in your settings too) Or if you didn't find anything related to it, You can go http://www.portforwarding.com. It contains information of every router for opening ports.

Ohh, whoops! My bad, great tutorial then! ^^

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You can host 24/7 on your own PC without any issues, just don't use your own client machine for that because they aren't made to run 24/7, basically any hardware works, just make sure it has a proper cooling system, is quiet and doesn't use much power and you'll be just fine. I usually build my servers in full tower cases with lots of large fans running at low speed and low power consumption.

On the software side it's important to use a proper server OS like Linux Debian without GUI or maybe Windows server (if you aren't used to terminals and can afford it). You should also virtualize as much as possible and make sure you spread backups wisely over your network. A fast network is also preferable, at least 10mbt/s and fiber cable, do not use a wireless connection for a server because that will affect the ping.

• 2 years later...

No matter how hard i try, i just can't seem to log into the http://192.168.1.1/ 

''The most common router user names passwords are: User: "admin" pass: "admin", User: "admin" pass: "password", User: "admin" Pass: "<your isp name>". run "ipconfig /flushdns" then run "ipconfig /renew". 

if you still cannot connect to your router then open internet explorer Options > Advanced tab > click reset and follow instructions, before doing that: right click the network connection icon on the taskbar and click "Diagnose and repair". Also make sure that you do not have any infections and clear all cookies and temporary internet files.  ''

I tried all of this things, but it just WONT let me IN. I even tried, multiple times typing my own ISP name and ISP password ( same as Wi-Fi, if i am correct ?)

Do you have any ideas ?

2 days later, i finally :OING solved the issue. The problem was, that whole world as username uses ''admin'' and password ''admin'', but :Oing Telekom Serbia, wants to be too smart, so they decided to change password from ''admin'' to tzpktpl. I guess that it was my mistake at first for not checking out with ISP, instead of blindly roaming around internet, but wow, :Oing idiots, tzpktpl, wow.

17 hours ago, Generalissimo said:

2 days later, i finally :OING solved the issue. The problem was, that whole world as username uses ''admin'' and password ''admin'', but :Oing Telekom Serbia, wants to be too smart, so they decided to change password from ''admin'' to ***. I guess that it was my mistake at first for not checking out with ISP, instead of blindly roaming around internet, but wow, :Oing idiots, ***, wow.

You should change your router password now, as soon your server is up your public IP is exposed to the world and anyone who paste that IP into a browser can connect to your network on port 80 which goes directly to your router (unless you have a web server at home). 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Mr_Moose said:

You should change your router password now, as soon your server is up your public IP is exposed to the world and anyone who paste that IP into a browser can connect to your network on port 80 which goes directly to your router (unless you have a web server at home). 

Thanks for your suggestion. I surely will do that, when i manage to get my server online, if at all, but thanks for advise, i surely would've left it on default (because i am an idiot).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...