Is there any need?

Is there any need for another "hosting company", or something like that.

I am interested in learning more about networking so I have a few servers running. As they are quite powerful and I don't use any of the resources for them at all. I thought about giving away servers on all kinds of game just to get some traffic to them. I don't play mta anymore so not sure how big of a playerbase it has now. I won't be another random person that comes up and create a "Free-mta-1337-hosting.tk/cf/ga/ml" :)

The competition on the hosting market is hard they say but free servers is always easy to offer as there will always be people stupid enough to take the chance and build their awesome new server on a free host which then disappears or simply shutdown and steal their work.

I think serious clients would like to know why you are hosting for free as it will cost you money and of course for how long you plan to keep it all on-line and most important why they should trust you. If you wanna "learn about networking" (I thing what you really mean is that you would like to administrate some powerful servers with active clients for learning purpose or just to feel power). If I where you I would try to get a job at some of the new companies, most of them are hiring right now.

I own the own the hardware and it's not something I will get rid of anytime soon, as I run some important things on it thats long term, I know that 90% of the "new hosters" quit after a month or two, but this does running these servers won't cost me any huge amount of money I pay around $3/month for it. Also only using around 3-4% of the resources I got.

I'm not interested in joining someone else this is something I want to do on my spare time, in my way of doing things. Also how would I feel the power from something like this? ;o

Sorry for my english I'm terrible at formating things :)

• 2 weeks later...
I own the own the hardware and it's not something I will get rid of anytime soon, as I run some important things on it thats long term, I know that 90% of the "new hosters" quit after a month or two, but this does running these servers won't cost me any huge amount of money I pay around $3/month for it. Also only using around 3-4% of the resources I got.

I'm not interested in joining someone else this is something I want to do on my spare time, in my way of doing things. Also how would I feel the power from something like this? ;o

Sorry for my english I'm terrible at formating things :)

Send me a PM, maybe you could be a partner with us.