[REL] TeleportEditor - create teleports in MTA map editor

Wojak

This is the resource that many people where waiting for since the relies of the 1.0 map editor was released

Polski opis (Polish description):

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=32751

This resource allows you to create teleports in MTA map editor, it also handles them in game based on the map file.

You can link between places, interiors and dimensions, you have full control on element position, rotation and speed after the teleportation, you can even create speed boost pickups and cannons if you want.

IMAGES

mtascreen20110328101540.jpg

mtascreen20110328101654.jpg

mtascreen20110328101745.jpg

mtascreen20110409154859.th.jpg

DOWNLOAD

https://community.multitheftauto.com/ind ... ls&id=1960

exemplar map:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/ind ... ls&id=1961

INSTRUCTIONS

Tutorial video:

Contains:

Part I - Installation 0:02

Part II - Creating basic teleport 0:23

Part III - testing 2:07

Part IV - using map on the server 3:32

How to load the definitions:

“Click the Definitions button in the main menu and double click the resource in the left list. Then close the window and roll the mousewheel in the element panel until the resource comes up. At that point you can create and manipulate custom elements of that resource like any other element.”

After you complete the map add this line to map meta.xml:

THERE IS NO SCRIPT FILE CREATED, THIS RESOURCE IS HANDLING THE TELEPORTS, SO IT NEED TO BE RUNING WITH THE MAP

There are two kinds of elements that you must add in the map editor:

Teleport_p – it is represented by a marker with arrow inside and attached 3D text in map editor, it will be a marker with text in game. Ring marker can be rotated (only ring rotation will be set in game)

This element has the fallowing properties:

- position: x,y,z 3d coordinates

- rotation: is important only for ring marker

- type: marker type

- size: marker size

- color: marker color

- description: this text will be attached to the marker

- desccolor: color of the text attached to the marker

- destynation_id: id of a place you want this marker to teleport to, click on browse, and select element from the list, if the list is empty create a destination first. If this property is invalid, teleport will not be created.

- restriction: if false, everything can enter, if playerOnly than only player with no vehicle can enter, if inVehicleOnly than only player in vehicle can enter.

- dimension_: dimension in witch the teleport will be created and accessible

- interior_: interior in witch the teleport will be created and accessible

destination_p it is represented by a RC bandit with arrow, it will be invisible in game, the way that RC bandit is facing is very important, this in not only the rotation that element will have after the teleportation, bus also the direction the element will be going.

This element has the fallowing properties:

- position: x,y,z 3d coordinates

- relative: if set to false, the element will be moved tt the coordinates above; if set to coord, coordinates above will be added to element hit coordinates (position =0,0,20 and relative= coord will increase the z hit coordinates by 20 units); if set to coordNrot, x,y,z axis will be adjusted to element rotation after the teleportation (x = left, right; y = front,back; z= up,down)( position =0,20,0 and relative= coordNrot will move the element forward by 20 units)

- rotation: element rotation and direction after the teleportation

- use_dest_rot: if true the rotation above will be used, if false the rotation above will be ignored, and hit rotation will be used.

- fixed_speed: the speed in km/h that the element will have after the teleportation, if set to more than 0, the hit speed and speed_multiplayer will be ignored

- speed_multiplayer: if between 0 and 1 it will decrease the hit speed (0.5 will decrease the speed by half) if more then 1 it will increase element hit speed (2 will increase two times)

- t_dimension: the dimension that will be set after the teleportation

- t_interior: the interior that will be set after the teleportation

when you connect the teleport with destination, selecting one of this elements will draw a icon on both- icon is visible from any distance, interior and dimension, so you can keep track on witch places ate connected

New in 0.1.2:

- new icons made by Moo-Mapper;

- increased icon size on selected elements;

- new additional way of assigning destinations for teleports. If you select a teleport with no destination assigned, or create a new one, than select a destination element, or create a new one, resource will ask you, if you want to connect this elements – see screenshot 4 (gui window will popup with a little delay – the delay is intended)

- camera forced behind the vehicles after teleportation. I’ve tried to do it also with the peds, but it don’t work for some reason…

Edited by Guest

Ho yea ! Very nice , I can script teleports and other mappers too , but this will do the work more fast.

Client or server side ? I heard that the server side = bug if the teleports is in the air + many players on the map.

work when the player is on ped or vehicle , the both work ?

many functions i needed where client only, so the script is client side

work when the player is on ped or vehicle , the both work ?

all is in the first post

- restriction: if false, everything can enter, if playerOnly than only player with no vehicle can enter, if inVehicleOnly than only player in vehicle can enter.

i added as many features as i could think of ;)

thank you for the icons, they will be included in the next release, and you will be credited

as for youre problem:

-curently testmod is not included in editor (i dont know if i ever make it), to test the resource in editor:

1 save the map and remember the name

2 /stop editor

3 /start

4 /tart

5 /start teleporteditor

- teleports will not be cteated if:

1 destynation_id property is not valid

2 teleporteditor is not runing (After you complete the map add this line to map meta.xml:

)

THERE IS NO SCRIPT FILE CREATED, THIS RESOURCE IS HANDLING THE TELEPORTS, SO IT NEED TO BE RUNING WITH THE MAP

thanks man

the script is perfect

the only thing i dont like is the time that the properties gui take to open

any way to reduce this?

it opens instantly for me... (if you are double clicking, try selecting and using F3)

the window is handled by EDF resource, this is a core MTA resource, so i wont edit it

the only things i can change it the window are properties names, and properties order...

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve made a little update, all maps from privies version will work with this one, see the first post for more info.

screenshot 4 is in high resolution, there was only 1/4 visible in normal img tag…

Any notes and suggestions are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
i use to map teh puma markers teleport resourse :o

I've checked your map in the showroom, and i can say, that teleports made in my resource are more advanced...

in your map i see that the vehicle speed is reduced to 0 after teleportation, while my resource can remember the hit speed, and adjust the speed vector to vehicle rotation, no matter what rotation you set...

my resource also supports the "jump pickups" (or cannons), but you dont have to set the x,y,z velocity components manualy - you set the angle by rotating a element in map editor, and set the single speed value (in km/h)

I would really like to use this tool, but the downloadlink doesn't work anymore. Is there anybody who could send me a new link or the files? If you want to contact me please use Skype: games.gamer

Thanks for your help

The community is down right now the link should work when it comes back online.

Yep! its an exelent tool for those people that don't have enough time to make it by manual-way.

For those people that don't know how to script those basic things, they can learn how... as The Kid said on another post

The cheater that doesn't know how his cheats work, is a noob cheater.

I rated this 5/5 at community.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Very useful Editor, I have made some cool teleports in OpenVice. Yeah Vice City map but in Multiplayer version :)

Wanted to report a small bug though, when inside the building and a teleportmarker is placed below one floor, you also seem to enter that marker. It's as if the the teleport marker has no Z limit (^) so when above the marker it also teleports you :wink:

Wanted to report a small bug though, when inside the building and a teleportmarker is placed below one floor, you also seem to enter that marker. It's as if the the teleport marker has no Z limit (^) so when above the marker it also teleports you :wink:

Cylinder markers have indeed infinitive height (collcircle for collshape ) but this is not an error in my code but GTA problem/feature (for all I know it may be intended) so you will have this behavior in any resource that uses cylinder markers.

Anyway I did not knew this until You noted it here, so I may fix that on the next occasion, for now I recommend to use arrow, corona or ring marker types as they have inclosed spheres for collshapes.