Graphics card failing on MTA's new update.

Ab-47

Question

Hi, title explains it all.

Issue is, everytime I run MTA SA version 1.5.2 I get a graphics card error which reduces my FPS from 61 to 34 or so and it's really annoying. The message says that graphics card has been recovered or something. It only started happening after the new updates of MTA SA where the dialog box appears to select your graphics preferences. I always select "A - Standard Nvidia".

Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/j8TpyXD.png

PC specs:

2GB Nvidia GeForce 840m - second latest upgraded (the GTA V update)

6GB RAM

1TB HDD

I've always had 61 FPS, so can anyone help me

9 answers to this question

Sorry for the late reply been busy lately and then MTA forums went into maintenance.

A - Standard Nvidia (Works sometimes but get the graphics issue)

B - Alternate Nvidia (MTA turns on but does not show on the screen when clicked)

C - Standard Nvidia with exe rename (Works the best, no issues, idk if it's just me but this one doesn't seem as good as A

s graphics)

D - Alternate Nvidia with exe rename (Same as B, MTA turns on but does not show on the screen when clicked)

E, F, G & H are standard/alternate intel graphics, which I don't use for MTA so I don't feel the need to test them.

Anyway's I've found C to be the best working one so far with no graphics issues.

• MTA Team

Try this:

1) Right click on desktop and select NVidia Control Panel

2) 3D settings->Manage 3D settings

3) Select Program Settings tab

4) Find Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas (gta_sa.exe) in drop down list

5) Click on Restore and accept the changes

6) Click on Apply and close NVidia Control Panel

7) Start MTA and select option A

If the Intel driver still crashes, then you'll have to use Option C

The restore button isn't enabled, I guess GTA wasn't added by default in the first place, as it's also a cracked version.

The Nvidia panel seems awfully laggy, could that mean there's something wrong with the graphics hardware?

Also one more thing, I've had this issue for a very long time, whilst playing GTA despite the FPS or different themes I always get cut text at one point, such as on the chatbox or when making GUI's, I tried re-installing MTA, no use. I'll try re-installing GTA too but I doubt it's GTA itself.

I think the reason why I'm having all these issues is because the installation of Windows 10, ever since windows 10 took over, ALL or most of my programs turned shit, some don't even work. The laptop lags genuinely where I'd have to force shutdown once a week due to the amount of lag. Windows 8 was perfect.

Anyway's I think I'll be fine with option C, no issues other than MTA startup lag which I could live with. Thanks ccw, you've been a big help.