MTA:SA Global Friend List + Chat

Benevolence

I was thinking about a few things. First, I think it would be neat to have a Global Friend List and Chat feature on MTA:SA. You would add people to friend list by sending them a friend request via right clicking their name on the list and clicking Send Friend Request by a little box/option box that pops up when you right click on their name

(see image example below)

playerlist.png

In the option box that opens up when you right click their name, there should be an option for a little chat box. Servers should be able to restrict chat via this way since it could lead to people advertising to join other servers, etc. If you have them on friend list though, you should be able to chat with them anytime, unless the players decides to disable the chat. Now, where the friend list record would be stored, I don't know. Maybe make it so people can register accounts and login for MTA Globally? If not, maybe make a program similar to how xfire works? When you download MTA:SA, it would also let you download the friend and chat feature. Then, when you run MTA:SA, it would ask you if you want to also run the feature externally (or internally, however it would be if you guys do it).

If this can be considered, perhaps you could also look at this example (which is kinda different then what I suggested, but has an idea for friend list), just look at the image gallery http://img691.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mtascreen20110901123038.png. This could also work too, if it's made globally with MTA:SA and you don't have to separately download (because alot of people won't download it on its own, imo...)

These are just some ideas I thought of and thought I'd share. I don't know if it's been suggested before, but I'm pretty sure it's been discussed/thought of before since it sounds typical.

• 2 weeks later...
Nah, those features depend of the script you make, you can always download Castillo's friend list.

I like those features, but that doesn't mean to be integrated in the server, that's like "MTA server is going to be already full-scripted when you start it for first time and scripters will have no work to do.".

Castillo's one is not global one and how scripters will don't have nothing to do , there is always something new.

diego means it is pointless since there shouldn't be a server browser with 5000 features OR a server that came with over 9000 features. some things have to be made ourselves. I doubt the mta team or anyone else will make it because it is a waste of time and make result in unwanted spam. Can't you just go in a server, say hi, and start PM'ing them or ask for their skype/msn/gtalk/hmm? If this was to be implemented, i "Thumb Down" to integrate the request feature into serverbrowser, and you shold request while ingame.

Edit, June 2020: I don't agree with this comment. Sorry!

Edited by qaisjp
Add apology

CapY, we are just expressing our thoughts, it isn't my right to say this, but GET THE :O OUT OF THIS FORUM if you cannot reply constructive, meaningful and important posts when a serious question/answer has been said. MTA gives you the basic neccesities and utilities, and some basic gamemodes. The actual software is more important that the resources, why do we have the community? I have to agree with Tank07 for a nice idea, but it shouldn't be done. CapY, remember that the community is there for a reason!

Edit, June 2020: I don't agree with this comment. Sorry!

Edited by qaisjp
  • 1 month later...