Delete duplicated race/DM maps

Slim

What do you mean? Duplicate resources?

If there's literally no identifying information on those resources then perhaps your only option is to loop through all resources (perhaps limited to those which meet the criterion getResourceInfo(theResource, "type")=="map"), open each file, store the MD5 or SHA hash (don't forget to close the files) and then delete those resources which are duplicates.

Edited by MrTasty

Default maps are in server-mods-deathmatch-gamemodes-race-maps if i remember correctly. You can't put the same map with the exact same name twice in your server. It just won't load neither of them. So i advise you to delete the default maps unless there are ones that you specifically like and to just put your maps in a [maps] folder under "resources".

The problem's that the meta names are the same, not the .map file.
I have 50 GB of maps, all from different people, but some servers throughout the years change the resource names, while the meta names remain the same and appear duplicated in the admin panel.
:/

1 hour ago, Justin|X5| said:

The problem's that the meta names are the same, not the .map file.
I have 50 GB of maps, all from different people, but some servers throughout the years change the resource names, while the meta names remain the same and appear duplicated in the admin panel.
:/

I had this problem recently as well. Resource names are different but map name in meta is same as another map's. This also bugs toptimes as the map's toptimes are stored under its name from the meta.xml. So if you've made a toptime on one of the maps which has the same name as another one, the same toptime will show on the other map too - even if you've never played it before. 

You just have to manually rename one of the maps to a unique name in its meta.xml. No other way. 

PS: It'd be better if toptimes get stored under the map's resource name, not its meta one but oh well :/ I can do this probably but it will delete all tops from my server so meh xD good luck

Edited by koragg
And wtf o.O 50GB maps! ?¿♤♡{
On 10/4/2017 at 01:50, koragg said:

I had this problem recently as well. Resource names are different but map name in meta is same as another map's. This also bugs toptimes as the map's toptimes are stored under its name from the meta.xml. So if you've made a toptime on one of the maps which has the same name as another one, the same toptime will show on the other map too - even if you've never played it before. 

You just have to manually rename one of the maps to a unique name in its meta.xml. No other way. 

PS: It'd be better if toptimes get stored under the map's resource name, not its meta one but oh well :/ I can do this probably but it will delete all tops from my server so meh xD good luck

I used Sor toptimes and it stores mine with meta name xD how lucky

Edited by Justin|X5|