A Quick Question (To The Dev Team)

Hey guys i'm just wondering. Would it possible for you to release development builds of MTA. I don't care that they aren't finished, have major stability problems and have lots of bugs but it'd be cool to play them none the less. Maybe make a subdomain like dev.mtav.com or something? Just write everywhere that you do not support these builds and will not answer questions related to them to avoid headaches :D

Just a thought....

Some sort of beta test would be nice, but i dont think they will do this anyway. Testing it would be quite fun, but the developers themself test pretty good 2 i guess :P.

I think well see it when its released, not any sooner. whatever, i just cant wait :P keep going :)

Yeah it would be nice if we could test it out but if it will be full of bugs and stuff some people might never play MTA again and I think that is one of the reasons that the developers are testing it by thereselves.

We have toyed with the idea a few times or release development builds, but we have decided that the general audience would look bad upon them and amount of effort to support such builds would be horrendous. Maybe we will think about doing such things in the future, but at this point I do not see it happening.

It might also get more fans .. im playing gtat ffs .. it totally sucks, i know this, but its the best to play atm .. every mod is 'in development' .. it can take MONTHS untill we see anything from the actual mod itself ... a preview .. bugged versions .. would be quite nice, in my view.

Certaintly gets more fans, because you show SOMETHING .. but if youd decide you release alpha/beta bugged versions .. make sure you got syncho quite allright cause thats the most important thing ..

Back to SA

It might also get more fans .. im playing gtat ffs .. it totally sucks, i know this, but its the best to play atm .. every mod is 'in development' .. it can take MONTHS untill we see anything from the actual mod itself ... a preview .. bugged versions .. would be quite nice, in my view.

Certaintly gets more fans, because you show SOMETHING .. but if youd decide you release alpha/beta bugged versions .. make sure you got syncho quite allright cause thats the most important thing ..

Back to SA

I tryed out Mtat today because i was depirite ass hell, and it fuckin sucks :!: it crashes more then i was able to play...

I can't wait any longer for blue, please give us a beta version or something :cry: I don't care if it crashes even brings virussen in my pc, i just want to play it on-line...

Sorry if i'm annoying or something but i look every day on this site and when is see the progress bar at 70% it makes me feel sick :)

You must understand how hard this is for a addict like myself :(

The last movie kept me going for another week of patiently waiting, but i'm starting to download crap like Gtat now :cry:

Don't take this the wrong way, cause i love what you guys did and are doing for us and i'm thankfull every day :!:

Greetz

^^^

Calm down mate!

If they release a version riddiculed with bugs and crashes then people will lost respect for the so far great MTA product.

They will only bring out a release when they are completely satisfied that crashing and bugs are hardly noticable and and occasional tendancy.

GTAT isn't finished yet and neither is MTA. How do you know that MTA:SA is in a better state at the present time? Blue has been hyped so much that people are expecting the best from the new core and nothing less.

Btw, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the progress bars if I were you. They're not a very accurate indicator of progress. The mod is progressing, for sure, but the team don't update the progress bars because it's difficult to put a percentile figure on total progress, especially as some features may be removed before release.

Edited by Guest
look every day on this site and when is see the progress bar at 70% it makes me feel sick
makes me sick too...

just give us SOMETHING!! i cant wait! i would be glad if there is some new news released about mta:sa ... but it always sticks at 29 june :x

i played gta:t too and i didnt had much bugs and crashes.. but there should be more players on it.. i didnt even saw a player :evil:

but i guess we all have to wait and be patience..

But its hard :evil::evil:

^^^

Calm down mate!

If they release a version riddiculed with bugs and crashes then people will lost respect for the so far great MTA product.

They will only bring out a release when they are completely satisfied that crashing and bugs are hardly noticable and and occasional tendancy.

Well they can give me a beta version then :D (i'll be a special beta tester :) ) i will never lose interest, but i might lose some if another version pops up "not as good ofcourse" but what do i care :)

Greetz

Right now only the istesting it/still working on it. I dont think they would just hand out a beta version to someone on a forum who might possibly leak it.

Also i think the developer builds would be a bad idea. It would just be chaotic with all the people having problems with each version (people on the irc chan know what im talking about).

The next statements are my opinions...

ANYTHING IS BETTER THEN GTAT .. well thats said, im sure 99% of the people can agree with me on that! You've been spreading movie's and such .. and now i wished i never kept such a track on this forum and the movies, screens and such.. im like Dominator, an addict.

Well .. we'll see .. in a couple of months while checking the forum every day at least 4 times .. meh. We'll see .. i want to see lol .. youve pushed the hype up alot .. and now i cant wait .. was to be expected.. my opinion.. give us something, there are at least 4 mods in making and all its just some overhyped movies and the asking to remain loyal and wait for .. months :roll:

I can wait .. I can wait .. I can wait .. .. argh .. I can wait ..

The next statements are my opinions...

ANYTHING IS BETTER THEN GTAT .. well thats said, im sure 99% of the people can agree with me on that! You've been spreading movie's and such .. and now i wished i never kept such a track on this forum and the movies, screens and such.. im like Dominator, an addict.

Well .. we'll see .. in a couple of months while checking the forum every day at least 4 times .. meh. We'll see .. i want to see lol .. youve pushed the hype up alot .. and now i cant wait .. was to be expected.. my opinion.. give us something, there are at least 4 mods in making and all its just some overhyped movies and the asking to remain loyal and wait for .. months :roll:

I can wait .. I can wait .. I can wait .. .. argh .. I can wait ..

Same feeling here :!:

We have toyed with the idea a few times or release development builds, but we have decided that the general audience would look bad upon them and amount of effort to support such builds would be horrendous.

Well that's why I suggest to put them on a seperate subdomain. If you write everywhere that these builds are not releases and are development and will contain lots of bugs and errors and such then people will be more likely to go for the stable working ones thus preserving your image. You don't have to offer support on these since they are development just write in large text that they are unsupported and riddled with bugs.

But someone on a another forum will say "OMG LIEK MTA SA HAS BEEN RELEAS0RED!!!11" or something to that effect, and then everyone will download it and say "Oh.... it's not that much better than GTAT".

Also, they've been saying for years that MTA is a beta and has bugs, and people still haven't cottoned onto that fact.

You would be surprised how much people do not notice.

Can't you make an exception for me and some other die hard-mta'ers :?::) we could make you a weekly review of all the shit that contains buggs or aren't good...

Greetz

You can do that with mta 0.5

..but the developers themself test pretty good 2 i guess

Asslicker! We found the stubbyglitch 5 minutes after the release.

...If they release a version riddiculed with bugs and crashes then people will lost respect for the so far great MTA product.

the so far great MTA product.. mta0.5?

i reason i think gtat released its 'devshots' is so i can say it had the first multiplayer for sa out :roll: , i cant code a multiplayer and good luck to the team but imo i think they should of waited for a more stable and impressive release

i reason i think gtat released its 'devshots' is so i can say it had the first multiplayer for sa out :roll: , i cant code a multiplayer and good luck to the team but imo i think they should of waited for a more stable and impressive release

we released it because we thought the community would like to know what we are doing, as far as it needing to be a more impressive release... .its not released yet., it was a dev movie

Kent