about leaked scripting

orcun99

8 minutes ago, Dimos7 said:

i think no its not a crime but  i am not 100 prcent sure ,you can't ask help here for bugs or error they have that scripts

someone reported my server .  and message

you use the scripts from saes:rpg belongs to.. you don't have permission to use them. if legal action baslaticaz shut up about it.

But I don't use saesrpg scripts  I'm using wss rpg  scripts 

the place I bought the server passed me this message that they received the complaint summary indicated. they stated that will not do a transaction without legal papers.

what should i do?

"Dear Sir / Madam:

It has come to our attention that one of your clients (running a service from the IP adress '1.1.1.1') has made an unauthorized use of copyrighted work (the "Work") created for the exclusive use on the SAES:RPG Server.

SAES:RPG have reserved all rights in the "Work", which was first created for MTASA in 2008, and we have preserved our rights to the copyright of the "Work".

Your client's work entitled "xxx:RPG" contains and is republishing original content from SAES:RPG Server.

We demand that your client immediately cease the use and distribution of all infringing works derived from the "Work", through your services, and all copies of it, including electronic copies of same, and that your client desists from this or any other infringement of our rights in the future.

If you do not immediately remove the infringing material from the xxx:RPG Server, and notify us in writing that you have done so, we will consider taking further action against you.

We have been in communication with the MTA team, provided proof of the copyright infringement and they have agreed that if this email is ignored, your server's IP could be placed on the blacklist and will no longer appear on the MTASA's master list (people will no longer be able to find it on the server browser).We require the infringing material to be removed, and written notice given that such material has been removed, by no later than one week from the date of this email.

Please give this very important matter the utmost attention.

Sincerely,

SAES:RPG."

that email :D

BUT I DON'T USE ANY SAESRPG SCRIPTS   I buy LRPG scripts Sawg script and I found internet wss scripts :D

Edited by orcun99

There's nothing wrong in using and editing other servers' scripts. If you found them on the Internet that's not stealing, it's using. You don't take any credit for them but are just having fun. What someone said above me is correct though: we won't help with leaked scripts (but everybody knows a guy who knows a guy whose cousin's sister's boyfriend knows lua :) ). Using them is not a crime, telling others that you made them is. 

Edited by koragg
  • Haha 1

I would advise not to use if

• A) The server is alive
  • B) The scripts were stolen or leaked

It's just bad manners and I am sure there is some law / policy about using other's people stuff. It at least is breaking something copyright related. Of course, if the scripts were released for community to use, that's a different thing. The original owner of the scripts can always file report or sue if you steal their content without their permission, assuming they have built everything from scratch.

If you are building server based on stolen content, I am sure that's a crime.

32 minutes ago, msyyn said:

I would advise not to use if

• A) The server is alive
  • B) The scripts were stolen or leaked

It's just bad manners and I am sure there is some law / policy about using other's people stuff. It at least is breaking something copyright related. Of course, if the scripts were released for community to use, that's a different thing. The original owner of the scripts can always file report or sue if you steal their content without their permission, assuming they have built everything from scratch.

If you are building server based on stolen content, I am sure that's a crime.

this resources 7800 click download  then 7800 people have crime?

I just search in google mta rpg resources and open some page click download button install scripts my own server and this is crime then? lol :P

Just now, orcun99 said:

this resources 7800 click download  then 7800 people have crime?

I just search in google mta rpg resources and open some page click download button install scripts my own server and this is crime then? lol :P

The amount of downloads dosen't mean it's legit. Look at pirated-copy torrents, they can have millions of downloads - still illegal.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, msyyn said:

The amount of downloads dosen't mean it's legit. Look at pirated-copy torrents, they can have millions of downloads - still illegal.

people these scripts, social media, forum sites sharing if I don't think that is illegal too. How can it be a crime 

and

this message come from saesrpg but İ don't understand this bull:~.. I don't use any saesrpg script :P

if anything, if this was allowed, why are people sharing these scripts?

Edited by orcun99