Float challenge...

I haven't used the vortex much becouse I haven't discovered the vortex spawn for so long... and was too buisy with pimping of cars...

(the spawn is really idiotic if you know what I mean, got to be fixed with a patch). When I was viewing SA through some modding tools to get Ideas for gamemodes I discovered that the vortex is actually is an airplane... but with total different controlls (dûh). After some joyriding/flying I started to take some insane stunts, and that was cool becouse I allmost flew away. yes, really. It's hard to controll but the vortex can fly. alltough this is harder than the dodo from gta3 so I call it floating...

So now I got a new gamemode which isn't that hard to code and great fun. It's like in kirby's airride for the ones who know. The fly challenge.

Ok I'll explain: All start with a vortex on mt. chiliad. And players have to float as far as possible while going down (or up, yeah I'm still trying to get it done).

I checked it 3 times, but the profile limit says 650x150... I'll make a new one...

Changed! hah, that's the power of working with layers...

Yeah its confusing in the profile but these are the actual sizes

The images in your signature must be sized within either 400x150 OR 620 x 80 pixels.

yes, and in the handling.cfg the vortex is in the category planes. Yeah after the GTA3 dodo "try to fly with me". I now like to try to fly with the vortex. A new huge challenge, that's how I like it. yeah the dodo was after a time easy to fly when you'd got used to his controlls. I easilly flew for half an hour over Liberty City and then got smashed out of my highness by a computer crash.

Yeah, I've been doing this on PS2 and I have been able to 'fly' numerous places in the vortex. The trick is to not turn to sharply otherwise you lost your 'float'.

• 3 weeks later...