Low FPS only on MTA

Reachless

Question

Multi Theft Auto is a damn good multiplayer modification for GTA San Andreas. I've been playing SA:MP for a while and I would really want to make the transition to MTA. However, MTA seems to require a lot of resources (at least for me). In Single-Player I get more than 100 fps. Same in SA:MP. However, in MTA I only manage to get no more than 36 FPS. This wouldn't bother me if I wasn't playing on servers with a lot of custom mapping and other things that require even more resources. The FPS is the same on a local-hosted server with no modifications as well. 

I am using a laptop for all of these, however the hardware specs are not bad. I can easily play GTA 5, Witcher 3 and other new games without any problem. Here's the specs:

Intel Core i7 5500U (4CPUs, ~2.4GHz)

GeForce GT840M video card

8GB of RAM

I have updated all the drivers and I am using Windows 10 Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393. Setting everything to Low in the Settings page doesn't change anything. The FPS remains exactly the same whether I am using a 'Low' or a 'Very High' setting.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Okay I've just found out about the 36 FPS limit in mtaserver.conf. Why is there a limit, though? Do there appear problems if the FPS limit is 60? (or higher?)

Edited by Reachless

2 answers to this question