Severe Mouse Delay

Pembo

Question

I have been having a lot of trouble with my mouse lately that's causing it to have a very large delay on MTA which makes it LITERALLY impossible to play on a server normally. Although the issue originally arose some time last year, it is only now it has came to my proper attention again as I wish to be able to play on a server. I have tried many things to fix this and I can safely dismiss it being the mouse simply because it does this on MTA only; and on my other two PC's as well.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue is and how I can solve it? I have tried quite a few things now but there are hardly any topics related to this kind of issue.

8 answers to this question

• MTA Team

Please do this:

Change MTA to use a window smaller than your desktop size. e.g.:
  Settings->Video->Resolution->1024x768x32
  Settings->Video->Windowed->Checked->Ok

And restart MTA

Is the mouse delayed when the MTA window has focus, but the mouse pointer is outside the MTA window?
Is the mouse delayed when the MTA window does not have focus? (e.g. if you click on the desktop)

14 hours ago, ccw said:

Please do this:

Change MTA to use a window smaller than your desktop size. e.g.:
  Settings->Video->Resolution->1024x768x32
  Settings->Video->Windowed->Checked->Ok

And restart MTA

Is the mouse delayed when the MTA window has focus, but the mouse pointer is outside the MTA window?
Is the mouse delayed when the MTA window does not have focus? (e.g. if you click on the desktop)

Well sorry for adding it a bit late but I also I didn't mention the problem I have with changing resolutions (or even being able to run MTA on first installation). The screen resolution for my PC monitor and 2 laptops is 1080p and on every one of them I have had trouble when first launching MTA. The problem I had on them was that I could not launch it at all (kept getting a black screen) so I forced it into 640 x 480 res and it worked. I then restarted MTA and it launched automatically in 640 x 480 and I went into settings and changed MTA res to nearly all available and of all of them, only 1600 x 900 x 32 worked (still with mouse lag btw). After reattempting to get 1080 res to work over and over it eventually did and now I'm currently using 1080 but again, with mouse lag. Although I did find a way round the resolution issue its still necessary for me to mention it because maybe it is linked to the mouse lag? I don't know anyone else with this issue and it does it for ALL 3 of my systems which I find really odd.

About your instructions to try it in 1024 x 768 in windowed, I have done this and the mouse has delay in all scenarios (focus, desktop etc). It does this for all resolutions whether or not it is windowed. Now I'm trying to get it to work in 1080p again lmao.