Oxidehost.net EUNA Championships - SEASON 3

What is more of a appropiate rule?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. What is more of a appropiate rule?

• Shotgun Pickup Only
    • No Pickups at all.
    • All Pickups apart from Flamethrower allowed

Well thats the whole point in defending, u shoot at the attacking team so they cant get into the base...

If u have a problem with getting in by foot maybe u should try and land there with helis

haha exacly... barrack is only reachable to attack by helis... this base is impossible to win if u attack by foot

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it is reachable by foot... read my previous posts, if u cant jump there it doesnt mean it isnt.

PCP played FsK many times with FsK defending the hangars and we managed to get there by foot.

Don't continue to remove the exciting elements of MTA matchplay.

By suggesting what you have suggested, you will drastically reduce the amount of decent bases avaliable.

No weapon pick ups - No 'unreachable' bases.

Sounds like a stubby war to me.

I don't agree with all the defenders being on the roof, but half of them is fair in my eyes.

Hieu, this tournament has failed to start yet, mostly due to the bickering over the rules.

Why don't you just stick to the rules clans have used for over a year and a half.

I have said it before, and i will say it again, use the usual match rules and you can include VCES in the tournament.

Did you realise Cortez's yacht is reachable by foot ? :wink:

hmm ron stubby wars in 0.5? :shock: u never played wars in 0.5 imo....

I have said it before, and i will say it again, use the usual match rules and you can include VCES in the tournament.
VCES left the last time because the rules weren't good and those were the usual rules :wink:

Did you realise Cortez's yacht is reachable by foot ?

:wink:

You can get to the Yacht from the jetty by foot, but you can't get to that jetty by foot, or did you forget that?

Why don't you just stick to the rules clans have used for over a year and a half.

You mean the rules VCES have used?

We don't use any standard set of rules - it's generally decided when we arrange the match and I would bet that most other clans work the same way.

For the last few months all the clans we have played against have used the shotty pickup only rule. I personally think that it's a silly rule for clans that can't stand to be without their shotty and that we should have no pickups at all.

No Pickups - Alot of Bitching as they want cop shotgun but more efficient

The only one with an advantage in your opinion, why didn't you chose it and ignore people who didn't like it - you can't please everyone.

I really can't believe that a clan would not play over rules, thats pathetic.

just pick a rule, no-pickups-rule will be the "best" coz you wont have any advantages or disadvantages.. this rule also asks the best of every clan as in, tactics, skills, teaming

erm, there is a 1 big disadvantage - most clans get used to picking up shotty, but w/e, i think it's not gonna start anyway :roll:

The rules VCES have used are pretty standard Dom.

We allow all pick ups except for flamer, and we allow some people on the roof and some on the ground.

We have no fear whatsoever about using a heli to attack people on roof tops, and you know full well, on many an occassion we have died in a big heliburning roundlosing heli attack.

We don't mind, thats what makes the matches so fun.

Cortez needs a vehicle to get onto the jetty, your right.

And you can get onto the yacht by foot.

It's a legal base, not that we would use it, if we did we would have to then attack it ourselves, and it's a right bitch.

So far i've seen suggestions for shotguns only and no rooftop bases.

We won't play because those sort of crap idea's take away half the fun.

I would say 'only shotgun pickup' and 'bases reachable by foot' are the pretty standard rules for most clans.

With 0.5, you can't be hanging around picking up loads of weapons, or even have a nice long match with good techniques from both sides, you have to just attack and kill as fast as possible to avoid desync bugs and crashes..either way alot of fun is lost.

It seems to me that when we had all pickups rule and playing against clans like VCES there was a shorter set-up time than with the shotty only rule against some other clans.

Imagine how long it would take to wait for those clans to go around the whole map shopping - a three round match would take over two hours easily. :?