Focus on 0.5.5

READ THE POST BEFORE YOU VOTE. What do you think MTA should do?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. READ THE POST BEFORE YOU VOTE. What do you think MTA should do?

• Focus more on 0.5.5 and give more updates
    • Focus on MTASA

Its also losing a lot of clan players too. I havent seen too many =BDC= and [RMO] players lately

Yeah, and with them missing and new ppl joining, we have less ppl to play with since the newbies like to pause, car-kill, and most of all, act ignorant and/or arrogant. Im not saying that im perfect, but this really ticks me off. Example: The rules on a GTA3 UVA server says no car-killing, some guy car-kills and even i told him what it says on the MOTD, he continues car-killing and he makes me sick with his insults. Some ppl even put my/diaryman's clan tag and doesnt take it off. But if some of the =BDC=s/[RMO]s, or ppl from any other clan come back, there would probably be more order, like the friendly old 0.4.1 days.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's face it: the community has been betrayed by the mta team and now its loosing potential players everyday.. if thats the way the team wants it heh. i myself have dropped from playin 15h a day to playing 1h per week :roll: lets hope all the new and old players come back for sa..

let's face it: the community has been betrayed by the mta team and now its loosing potential players everyday.. if thats the way the team wants it heh. i myself have dropped from playin 15h a day to playing 1h per week :roll: lets hope all the new and old players come back for sa..

Betrayed? That's a strong word. They've shifted their focus from GTA3 / VC to SA. How is that betraying the community?

Why should they keep trying to squeeze more and more out of an ageing core when they've got something better lined up? Also note that they HAVEN'T actually said that 0.5.5 has been cancelled - that was just community speculation.

they betrayed us when they took betatesters that werent active players from the community. with all the bugs and problems in mta, not to mention gameplay issues, i feel like i was flushed in the junk. if there was at least one betatester from {ULK} this release would be totally different and much better fo sho... but thats history we got this little gremlin .5 and yeah its good for shitclans like uva and stuff :lol: sry i had to say that no hard feelins ;). and its got nothin to do with their focus on sa atm wchich is a good thing :)

edit: plz dont ban me :( i ll die of boredome here at work

Yeah, i wished they would of tested it a little better too, but it's not that easy to find people that know alot about the game and that you can trust.

Just has taught them to test it more, hence the longer waiting for things like blue.

Oh, and "0.5 is only good for shitclans" ?

So, ULK must be the only clan that aren't shit, the reason being they don't play the game? :roll: That's a nice opinion (which i think you should of kept to yourself).

Edited by Guest

im talking about regular daily play.. i dont see much fmj kfc u stk tlr mfc whatever. servers used to be loaded. im not talking about gangwars wchich are still being played. hell even sgb disapeared. and yea try to nail me on my words zzz u aint got a chance hehe besides learn to quote right :lol:

Just trying to understand what you're rambling about :?

I've seen all those clans play outside of clanwars, actively in the last week.

No matter what you do, you can't keep old software entertaining passed a certain period, it has nothing to do with mta, it's to do with VC!

they betrayed us when they took betatesters that werent active players from the community. with all the bugs and problems in mta, not to mention gameplay issues, i feel like i was flushed in the junk. if there was at least one betatester from {ULK} this release would be totally different and much better fo sho... but thats history we got this little gremlin .5 and yeah its good for shitclans like uva and stuff :lol: sry i had to say that no hard feelins ;). and its got nothin to do with their focus on sa atm wchich is a good thing :)

i resent that - its not true at all. what are you to know how often the beta testers are playing? just because you or anyone you knew didnt get to beta test does not mean that the beta testers knew nothing of mta. every VC version has required an updated version from 0.2. just like every other version, 0.5 is an open beta. we all are testers. issues may have been missed by the beta testers but thats where the community helps out. a good example is the radar bug - during clsoed beta tests nothing came up, but after a public play they located the problem. the only difference is that this time, trx is finding it difficult to locate them, which is evidently causing the delay. whether the project has been suspended or not we are not sure - but the point is, is that they are trying to focus on blue, in which bugs will be much more practical to track down.

oh and one more thing

and yeah its good for shitclans like uva and stuff :lol: sry i had to say that no hard feelins ;).

i hardly EVER see ULK play anymore, with deathb leaving they're just not around. i do howver see UVA playing a lot, and what i apppreciate about them si that they havent given up on mta over some stupid stubby glitch or whatever. now i may be wrong about how much ULK play, but i dont want to go into the whole "my gang is better than yours" cause thats not what im trying to point out.

i resent that - its not true at all. what are you to know how often the beta testers are playing? just because you or anyone you knew didnt get to beta test does not mean that the beta testers knew nothing of mta. every VC version has required an updated version from 0.2. just like every other version, 0.5 is an open beta. we all are testers. issues may have been missed by the beta testers but thats where the community helps out. a good example is the radar bug - during clsoed beta tests nothing came up, but after a public play they located the problem. the only difference is that this time, trx is finding it difficult to locate them, which is evidently causing the delay. whether the project has been suspended or not we are not sure - but the point is, is that they are trying to focus on blue, in which bugs will be much more practical to track down.

I think I understood what he meant. He meant the MTA team should of picked those people that play everyday, and go look for bugs that they could have found and fixed before 0.5, but instead, MTA chose guys from irc or ones that hardly play anymore. I don't want to say the 0.5 testers were bad, but those glitches could have been found before the version was released.

About this version losing players, its true. I somewhat believe that people are getting tired of vc, but if 0.5.5 were to be made which is a whole new experience, everyone would like vc all over again. If these problems that noobs can't fix were solved, there would also be some more players. This version has confused and frustrated many new people from playing that something needs to be done about it.

You can't expect them to take on such a huge project like blue, which won't even be comparable to 0.5.x, which will work with SA and VC, and continue to repair something old.

There are some major issues in 0.5, and fixing the little things like armour (if it is indeed a little bug) won't bring back players ... 'too little too late'.

..Carry on with blue, seems like there's been alot of progress recently.

All MTA releases go through an adequate amount of testing before release. However, the core technology used in the 0.X series had reached a peak around 0.3. I was a strong supporter of dropping the whole 0.X series to focus work on blue. However, the 0.X series was able to survive (so far up to 0.5).

You must also realize that the majority of the bugs in the 0.X series are not caused by coding errors in the source tree, but by a lack of technology in the core itself. Blue is the accumulation of 2 1/2 years of research into the inner workings of GTA3, whereas the 0.X core was based on a few months of research.

I understand that you are anxious to be able to play the GTA games online, but you will have to be patient. Right now our primary focus is San Andreas, and we hope to revisit Vice City with blue sometime in the future after San Andreas has been polished off.

-Derek

You can't expect them to take on such a huge project like blue, which won't even be comparable to 0.5.x, which will work with SA and VC, and continue to repair something old.

There are some major issues in 0.5, and fixing the little things like armour (if it is indeed a little bug) won't bring back players ... 'too little too late'.

..Carry on with blue, seems like there's been alot of progress recently.

0.5.5 wasn't only about fixing the armor glitch and some other bugs, it was a whole new experience in mtavc gameplay. That version IMO was something fun and keeping us playing until blue is out.

I think I understood what he meant. He meant the MTA team should of picked those people that play everyday, and go look for bugs that they could have found and fixed before 0.5, but instead, MTA chose guys from irc or ones that hardly play anymore. I don't want to say the 0.5 testers were bad, but those glitches could have been found before the version was released.

About this version losing players, its true. I somewhat believe that people are getting tired of vc, but if 0.5.5 were to be made which is a whole new experience, everyone would like vc all over again. If these problems that noobs can't fix were solved, there would also be some more players. This version has confused and frustrated many new people from playing that something needs to be done about it.

name 1 of the testers that didn't play daily...

if you never see a person play, then it doesn't mean that they don't play

I'd say most of the beta testers were from Europe, so obviously you wouldnt have seen them play njr1489. There was maybe 2 or 3 beta testers from the US that use to play daily..

Everyone seems to say that it was the betatesters fault that the big desync problem got through. Well some of them said they only saw the problem in the stunt mode and usually the MTA team wont release the last version the beta testers tested. Instead they make another version and release that, so something went wrong between the time of the last test and the finally 0.5 release.

name 1 of the testers that didn't play daily...

if you never see a person play, then it doesn't mean that they don't play

Its not my opinion though, I was just interpreting what boro said.

i hardly EVER see ULK play anymore, with deathb leaving they're just not around. i do howver see UVA playing a lot, and what i apppreciate about them si that they havent given up on mta over some stupid stubby glitch or whatever. now i may be wrong about how much ULK play, but i dont want to go into the whole "my gang is better than yours" cause thats not what im trying to point out.

I think it's pretty self-explanatory why we played quite regularly up until 0.5.

Oh, and they picked a ULK... me. They even picked Brophy (VCES) and Quig (FKU).

They've picked plenty of skilled players they can trust. It's not our fault 0.5.5 never released. :roll:

I think it's pretty self-explanatory why we played quite regularly up until 0.5.

Oh, and they picked a ULK... me. They even picked Brophy (VCES) and Quig (FKU).

They've picked plenty of skilled players they can trust. It's not our fault 0.5.5 never released. :roll:

yeah i didnt mean to insult ULK zirc ;). the 0.5 team was also a list of skilled players they can trust.

people dont take into account issues that were solved during beta tests, just for the simple reason because they werent there. the race issue was brought up because it became very buggy, there were originally more RC vehicles in stunt, but this caused constant crashes etc etc

i dont wanna argue with you guys. i just cant understand how come after months of top secret uber leet betatesting they have released the most bugged version ever. well i havent played .1 nor .2, but after .3 and .4 i was expecting MUCH more. not only tons of new bugs have appeared but also the gamplay has been dramatically changed, and somehow has made this game even more glitcher-friendly. due to that a large part of the community has left. some of them will never come back... :(

plz note that i am constantly reffering to deathmatch as i am not concerned about stunt. stunt is good once in a while when you wanna party with your friends ;)

i dont wanna argue with you guys. i just cant understand how come after months of top secret uber leet betatesting they have released the most bugged version ever. well i havent played .1 nor .2, but after .3 and .4 i was expecting MUCH more. not only tons of new bugs have appeared but also the gamplay has been dramatically changed, and somehow has made this game even more glitcher-friendly. due to that a large part of the community has left. some of them will never come back... :(

plz note that i am constantly reffering to deathmatch as i am not concerned about stunt. stunt is good once in a while when you wanna party with your friends ;)

1. "Top secret uber leet betatesting"? Who said that?

2. Are you saying that 0.5 is more buggy than 0.4 which crashed consistently before the 0.4.1 update? True, there are new bugs, but you "forgot" to mention that they also fixed many of 0.4's bugs.

3. How do you know that people won't come back?

4. 0.5 was not pleasing for you because, as you state, you only play VC DM. Both Stunt mode and GTA3 were improved significantly in 0.5. These improvements may be the reason why VC DM was disappointing because they spent less time on it and may have been more prone to "quick fixes." eAi said that there are currently no plans to combine a Blue core for multiple GTA games in the future, so this may well be a good thing.

as for gta3.. hehehe tell me how many ppl are there on this planet that still play this version of mta: 10? 20? i mean how long can u keep on flyin that dodo. yes the only good thing i find in .5 is the reduced amount of crashes.

my point is, that the number of players has dramatically reduced. that is due to imo increased lag, larger bandwith use (or larger amount of packets or whatever im no technician), annoying new bugs and the new gameplay. and the armor glitch is AMAIZING seriously thats just something that my mind cant understand and accept! also, as i have said b4, some of us have felt betrayed with the m60 and stubby modifications.

2. Are you saying that 0.5 is more buggy than 0.4 which crashed consistently before the 0.4.1 update?

He's saying that there was a fairly big leep from 0.3 to 0.4 (i think :?), so he expected the same for 0.5.

Oh, and not all people had troubles with 0.4, i for one didn't have much more crashes than in 0.4.1

True, there are new bugs, but you "forgot" to mention that they also fixed many of 0.4's bugs.

Depends what you're refering to as bugs, there were alot of crashes fixed (almost all), but fixing those created many more deeper issues, trading crashes for sync instability (which forces you to restart your game more than you crashed in the previous versions) isn't really a step forwards imo.

4. 0.5 was not pleasing for you because, as you state, you only play VC DM. Both Stunt mode and GTA3 were improved significantly in 0.5. These improvements may be the reason why VC DM was disappointing because they spent less time on it and may have been more prone to "quick fixes." eAi said that there are currently no plans to combine a Blue core for multiple GTA games in the future, so this may well be a good thing.

There are no where as near people that play stunt as that which play deathmatch, 10:1 i would say (although alot of people played it after release), and gta3? i see 2 servers and 10 people right now. I really don't see why that was improved. :evil:

...none of which really matters anymore, i really doubt they'll continue 0.5.5, but who knows :)

1. "Top secret uber leet betatesting"? Who said that?

2. Are you saying that 0.5 is more buggy than 0.4 which crashed consistently before the 0.4.1 update? True, there are new bugs, but you "forgot" to mention that they also fixed many of 0.4's bugs.

3. How do you know that people won't come back?

well f*ck you JonChappell whoever you are.

95% of the community plays Deathmatch mode (with or without RPG scripts)

The most rilevant bug on 0.4 was the respawn crash.

0.3rc2 is still the best MTA multiplayer ever released.

Most of 0.5 VCDM bugs are so evident that my 12yold sister could find and fix them in 5 minutes.