Focus on 0.5.5

READ THE POST BEFORE YOU VOTE. What do you think MTA should do?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. READ THE POST BEFORE YOU VOTE. What do you think MTA should do?

• Focus more on 0.5.5 and give more updates
    • Focus on MTASA

1. rename mta-0.4.1.zip to mta-0.5.5.zip

2. distribute.

3. players happy(ier?)

4. work on MTA:SA

0.5 is a pile of crap and a step backwards from 0.4.1, gameplay/crash-wise.

Sorry I'm so blunt, I just like playing MTA a hell of a lot, but I liked it more back when it was 0.4.1.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. rename mta-0.4.1.zip to mta-0.5.5.zip

2. distribute.

3. players happy(ier?)

4. work on MTA:SA

0.5 is a pile of crap and a step backwards from 0.4.1, gameplay/crash-wise.

Sorry I'm so blunt, I just like playing MTA a hell of a lot, but I liked it more back when it was 0.4.1.

Many people would rather look foward to these features than play 0.4.1

What happened to all the features of 0.5.5? Many people were actually looking foward to the spaz coming back, buying weapons in ammunation, staunton being used, choosing your skin, choosing your spawn, unique stunt bonuses, choosing youe weapons, choosing your color, the desync being fixed, the stubby back to normal, the M60 back to normal, a whole new method of balance. This is what i'm talking about.

http://mtavc.com/mta05/051.htm

This isn't vc only. GTA 3 does need some minor fixing. The credit glitch is one of them, but i'm not too sure about staunton. Why not do it? They said the 1 part of the team is working on blue, while the other part of the team is working on 0.5.5.

Where is 0.5.1 Theres no more error reports because its meant to be released soon, and this page http://mtavc.com/mta05/051.htm was released months ago. "we hope to release within a few weeks" If they did release it and it was what it promised, mta would've got alot more players, people who've always played and new people hearing about how good mta is rather then hearing about how many times it crashs.

Basically MTA 0.5.5 is stuck on 87% (only an guide) how much is left to do?

Edit:

Where is 0.5.1

MTA 0.5.1 was changed to MTA 0.5.5 .

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Even though its not accurate. I don't people should ever quit anything if they have gone so far into their project.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Even though its not accurate. I don't people should ever quit anything if they have gone so far into their project.

They haven't said they'll quit it. They said it's not a priority at the moment. At least we have VC and GTA3 multiplayer in one form or another. SA has nothing except the GTAT devshot which needs a lot more work.

Well heres a solution thats foolproof. Separate the team for a few weeks. One group will be working on MTA 0.5.5 while the other will be working on MTASA and Blue. Then when the week is over, both groups will share information on what they have developed in that week. Then, they will both change over.

Thats not foolproof. "Getting into" code takes time, swapping over who is developing means that each person needs to work out how everything works and that can takes weeks in the case of a code base as large as ours. Anyway, not everyone has expertise that would allow such a thing to work.

If MTA knows it will be a long time before another version is released I wish they would just release a new MTA without the armor glitch so ppl can use the crusader again.

This should have been patched right after the release but because of the other problems with the version it seems like the scope of the patch expanded into a much larger fix that constituted a new version instead of a fix.

If MTA knows it will be a long time before another version is released I wish they would just release a new MTA without the armor glitch so ppl can use the crusader again.

This should have been patched right after the release but because of the other problems with the version it seems like the scope of the patch expanded into a much larger fix that constituted a new version instead of a fix.

That's what I tried to say. If they know its going to be a long time before blue is out, then why not make this?

ok, so u mean not all the new features, u just want armor glitch removed? So just edit the .scm and send it to some1 from the team, maybe they will accept it.

Well, right now anything is fine to fix 0.5, and if they can't put the new features they were going to put, at least do something to fix this version.

i could try decompile the .scm but i know that after compiling it will make game unplayable coz of some security issues implemented into mta team .scm (i know coz i tried to make new spawn system) so if some1 from the team could tell me how to by-pass team i could give it a try.

i could try decompile the .scm but i know that after compiling it will make game unplayable coz of some security issues implemented into mta team .scm (i know coz i tried to make new spawn system) so if some1 from the team could tell me how to by-pass team i could give it a try.

They'd never tell you that.

Oh what wouldn't be done with fewer spam.. :roll:

I have been here since the beginning of mta, and I watched how mta gained popularity over the passing months. Most veterans like me remember what it was like to jump from a full 26-man server to another one, like flies around lightbulbs.

One thing that has distrubed me was that most "pros" didn't like 0.4 and 0.4.1. I remember it having glitches, as all versions that were released, and how all the noobs went "noes I can't switch-warp teh my weaponzor", as well as the "drama" that hapened with descussions that took place over what was lame or not. Amongst other things, but specially, I remember them complaining it wouldn't get much worse. For me, 0.4.1 was the best time I had. With 0.5, the downfall was immediate. The gameplay lost it's fast pace and the enjoyability it once had. Not only some weapons tweaks ruined completly the fun people had, but the desynchronization that increased drammaticaly and being noticeable randomly destroyed the fun that hundreds of old (not necessarily present from the beginning) players had. Most people that begun playing mta on 0.5 have no idea of how fun it was. I have to admit, haven't played mta for over 4 months now.

With the improvements that were stated to be attempted by the team here http://mtavc.com/mta05/051.htm , I regained my hope about how fun mta running on the 0.2 core could be once more. I was seriously decepcioned when the "few weeks" hope became a "few months" hope. I've been for the past months, just like many players, waiting for 0.5.5 in hope that it is the version that will regain the popularity and fun of the great versions once released.

I have to say that I'm kind of disappointed with how things turned out, I mean, you guys are busy and doing this on your free time and you still have to tolerate the retards requesting features, and you have mine and a lot of other people's admiration and respect for that, but I mean, half a year (in no time it will be half a year) to correct such problems? I know rome wasn't built in a day, but the team working on the 0.2 core versions of mta had past experience of what had been done in the past and that by now they would know what deteriorated the gameplay in 0.5 (which is a combination of several issues already referenced since 0.5 was released).

In relation to the future core, I have to say that the fact the team plans to release a SDK is something that requires a tremendous effort and ammount of time, and you guys deserve all the praise there is for doing it, so I guess only those that have no idea of what a SDK consists in and how time consuming it can be would complain about it not being released.

In relation to the team "focusing on 0.5.1" I have to say, as I have already stated, it would seem half a year (possibly more) is a little too much to sort the gameplay issues and syncronization, but then again, I don't know what problems might occur, such as an unexpected bug that would require a lot of backtracking, as well as the members of the team working on 0.5.1 being busy with their lives, which is expectable and perfectly normal. Perhaps 0.5.1 is turning out great, I wouldn't know as I'm not one of the developers or testers, and these posts are just unecessary perhaps, but as I said, what part of the community that isn't a developer or a tester knows :).

In my opinion, the team have done a great job in the past and they certainly have the capability to do the same if not better (not only talking about the blue core but the work done with the ancient core), so I think that perhaps releasing a reference about 0.5.1 (like the information already released about 0.5.1 which was very exciting) so that a lot of the people from the community perhaps regain their interest and come back.

I know that it wasn't forgoten and that you guys are hopefully brewing some magical masterpiece that will makes all addicted again (knowing from past experience that you had great things being finished most of the times when most of the community thought it was dead).

I've had that in my mind for the past months and know was the time to express it :wink: . Keep in mind that I always admired your released work (except 0.5) and this with this post I plan to criticize you in a positive and createful way. Keep up the good work and motivation!

Boss was unable to post again for some reason so ^

Well this is how I see it. Let's face it, we all know how long it takes for a team to create/release a whole new core, (MTASA), and at the moment all we have is 0.5 to play while we're waiting which is just heaps too buggy. At least maybe release a patched version of 0.5 I reckon that fixes the crusader crap, suspected trainer usage, all that. Newbies still often play MTA over here in Australia, spawn as crusader, then die and spawn again and wonder what the hell is going on because they get disconnected every time they spawn as it. To me that would be enough to put any newbe off the release, which ain't good at all, just losing people really. But we all know that it is gonna take a fair while yet to release a whole new version of MTA, of course I'm referring to MTASA, in my opinion I just reckon a patched up 0.5 would be enough while we wait for mtasa. Just my thoughts. :D Also good to see some aussies back in the 0.3/4 days back yesturday, good stuff.