Focus on 0.5.5

READ THE POST BEFORE YOU VOTE. What do you think MTA should do?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. READ THE POST BEFORE YOU VOTE. What do you think MTA should do?

• Focus more on 0.5.5 and give more updates
    • Focus on MTASA

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea thats the point i m sure that eliminating the most basic bugs is a question of adding one line to the code (iex reset armor to 0 at every respawn..). it would take like 5mins for the mta team to release a patch and make this version a bit more fun and playable but heeeeeey... :? looks like they dont really care that much bout us, i used to be their fan but now after how they have treated us i really dont expect much.. i moved on to other things and am looking forward to realeses from other teams. still, you gotta give em credits for all that they have done but somewhere in the end i think they lost the point. the future is blue wonder how far is that :roll:

Teams such as who exactly? SA-MP have said they'll release a VC version... after their SA version. The same goes for GTAT. Who's left?

i was referring to sa.. im not much concerned about vc anymore it has been fun for these past few years but it has ended along with .5

hey.. wheres the "focus on vc blue" option? 8)

meh i guess ill just vote for a blue release, even if its sa

even :?: they should quit vc, as Boro said it was fun, but now we got 'another story to tell ppl', so focus on sa, even if u create a perfect mta:vc release pp will get bored. Why :?: Coz hanging around in the same area for 3 years isn't ppl's definition of 'fun'. SA is the primary target, kthxbye.

njr1489: Take yo SA-MP loving ass outta' here :P

Flare, just because I like the work of another team doesn't mean I lost ALL hope for MTA.

hmm 10 to 10

Well, I would be satisfied with a halfway point, I think it would be nice to have an 0.5.2 or something with just the really big glitches changed. Example, vice city crusader glitch.

yea thats the point i m sure that eliminating the most basic bugs is a question of adding one line to the code (iex reset armor to 0 at every respawn..). it would take like 5mins for the mta team to release a patch and make this version a bit more fun and playable but heeeeeey... :? looks like they dont really care that much bout us, i used to be their fan but now after how they have treated us i really dont expect much.. i moved on to other things and am looking forward to realeses from other teams. still, you gotta give em credits for all that they have done but somewhere in the end i think they lost the point. the future is blue wonder how far is that :roll:

Exactly. It would only take a small amount of time to fix this thing.

My point just was: forget these polls. The MTA team should not focus on what the ppl want, cause theat is allways more, and difficult. They should decide themselves what they are focussing on. Just wait and see is the best solution. If you dont like this version, stop playing and take a look when the next vresion is released, if you like that one. If you guys keep pushing like this, we WILL end up with a crappy version again.

As I have explained in my last post, the polls were only to see what other people think, and that it has no effect on what the MTA team should do.

I think ransom's idea is fine. Just leave the gameplay the way it is, and just fix the desync and the crusader glitch. It only takes a small amount of time, and why not? This will also be good for people that still play 0.5

Heres the situation as the team see it:

0.5 is based on the same core that we developed two years ago, compared to blue it is so tottally different that most of the devleopers on the team don't have the knowledge of it to actually continue working on it. We understand that there are some quite serious issues with 0.5, sadly its very hard to find the time (and motivation) to develop on 0.5 as it is such an uphill battle - we'd have to go back and work out how it all works from scratch in many cases. It's inferiority to blue makes it also very demoralising working with it, and incredible hard to debug. I'm not saying that 0.5.5 won't appear, I'm just saying that its going to be really hard work - trx has put a lot of work into the new SCMs for 0.5.5 but sadly theres some issues with these that we can't trace, so we might be forced to go back to 0.5 state and start all over again.

As much as we value the community's input into the modifcation (its what keeps us motivated), big decisions like these really have to be made in-team. Its interesting to see that people really want us to delay Blue in favour of a 0.5.x release, but to be honest, I'm not sure which we'd see first.

Please, don't take anything I've said here as fact, things change all the time, just be aware, it isn't a simple matter of switching from one game to another, its like Microsoft going back and making service packs for windows 3.1 (well, almost!).

E

hey.. wheres the "focus on vc blue" option? 8)

meh i guess ill just vote for a blue release, even if its sa

even :?: they should quit vc, as Boro said it was fun, but now we got 'another story to tell ppl', so focus on sa, even if u create a perfect mta:vc release pp will get bored. Why :?: Coz hanging around in the same area for 3 years isn't ppl's definition of 'fun'. SA is the primary target, kthxbye.

lol youre so naive, just cause you like sa better doesnt mean vc wouldnt be played, theres lots of ppl who cant get along with the ps2 controls of sa and thats the only reason i prefer vc

i dont even want vice itself, i never liked it... the map sucks, the characters are reatarded and the radio stations are completely gay, i only want blue on vice as a mod base cause vc has proper 3rd person controls (fps style)

lol youre so naive, just cause you like sa better doesnt mean vc wouldnt be played, theres lots of ppl who cant get along with the ps2 controls of sa and thats the only reason i prefer vc

i dont even want vice itself, i never liked it... the map sucks, the characters are reatarded and the radio stations are completely gay, i only want blue on vice as a mod base cause vc has proper 3rd person controls (fps style)

wtf u on with thoose ps2 controls :o they r PC controls and they r proper. There is no auto aim and other ps2 sh*t so stop calling them ps2 controls, mmmm :?:

the team sud have released a patch for the client ( 0.5r2 ;P) when the released one for the server, jus to fix the minor problems.

That is what i'm saying, release that small patch with those fixed problems. Just fix those bugs and glitches, and then its fine.

wtf u on with thoose ps2 controls :o they r PC controls and they r proper. There is no auto aim and other ps2 sh*t so stop calling them ps2 controls, mmmm :?:

they are almost exactly like the ps2 controls, the holding down right click is very limiting and WILL be annoying when playing multiplayer, guaranteed. SOme weapons such as uzi and pistol will be okay, since they dont zoom when pressing right click/

From what I understand the MTAteam doesnt want to waste any more time on the old core and focus on the new one. The gta modding community is quite big and I think that some of them r as talented programmers as the MTAteam ones. So why not ask someone from outside the team to help with the patch for 0.5 as its old anyway. Provide him/them with necessary info. That way u could focus on blue and leave the whinning about 0.5 behind cause it wont be ure problem anymore.

From what I understand the MTAteam doesnt want to waste any more time on the old core and focus on the new one. The gta modding community is quite big and I think that some of them r as talented programmers as the MTAteam ones. So why not ask someone from outside the team to help with the patch for 0.5 as its old anyway. Provide him/them with necessary info. That way u could focus on blue and leave the whinning about 0.5 behind cause it wont be ure problem anymore.

What I heard was that there was one part of the team working on blue, and one part of the team working on 0.5.5.

I think the team should just focus in on Blue, for all versions of GTA. I mean, even if alot of people are playing SA for now, doesn't mean that the hype and focus will always be there. Eventually, it'll die, and more people will go back to playing GTAIII and Vice City. I'd love to have a nice, stable version for all three games.

I think MTA should concentrate on 0.5.5 and leave SA to people who know what they are doing. I'm not saying that mta team not doing a good job but other people like sa-mp all ready synched health bars drivebys passengers and stuff and by the looks of it they are doing much better than mta. let mta finish 0.5.5 and from there we will see, if people gonna hate that version 2 it's probably gonna be an end to mta, but let's hope thet mta makes 0.5.5 a multiplayer that everyone will want to play.

/me votes concentrate(how do u spell that again?) on 0.5.5

I think MTA should concentrate on 0.5.5 and leave SA to people who know what they are doing. I'm not saying that mta team not doing a good job but other people like sa-mp all ready synched health bars drivebys passengers and stuff and by the looks of it they are doing much better than mta. let mta finish 0.5.5 and from there we will see, if people gonna hate that version 2 it's probably gonna be an end to mta, but let's hope thet mta makes 0.5.5 a multiplayer that everyone will want to play.

Leave it to people who know what they're doing? The MTA team have been working on multiplayer mods for GTA for over 2 years, which is longer than anyone else.

Edit:

/me doesn't like mta team except oli.

Oh, I see. You've just nullified your viewpoint by proving its bias.

Oh yeah, I forgot to nitpick the rest of your statement. Firstly, they may have synced things in a different order to SA-MP and did not sync things in order of difficulty as you seem to have presumed. Also, they don't tend to mention every little thing that they've synced anyway so it's possible that these already are in place.

Secondly, you say "if people will hate that version too", yet it's likely that they will in comparison to the technology in SA-MP because it runs on the ancient 0.2 core that's severely limited in what it can do. That was the whole point of developing Blue. Also, such a failure would not be an end to MTA because it's an old core and they've got a better one around the corner (i.e. Blue).

A few things I have to say,

What happened to all the features of 0.5.5? Many people were actually looking foward to the spaz coming back, buying weapons in ammunation, staunton being used, choosing your skin, choosing your spawn, unique stunt bonuses, choosing youe weapons, choosing your color, the desync being fixed, the stubby back to normal, the M60 back to normal, a whole new method of balance. This is what i'm talking about.

http://mtavc.com/mta05/051.htm

That was a whole new change in MTA, that many people would have liked. There are also many GTA 3 SSV players that still play with this credit glitch, and never use staunton island. It would have been fixed in 0.5.5 and it would have been better.

The release of blue is an unknown date, and people act as if it will be released right around the corner or far from now. It should have no effect to 0.5.5 being released or not.