Focus on 0.5.5

READ THE POST BEFORE YOU VOTE. What do you think MTA should do?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. READ THE POST BEFORE YOU VOTE. What do you think MTA should do?

• Focus more on 0.5.5 and give more updates
    • Focus on MTASA

0.5 has been out for about what, 5 months? We can admit that 0.5 is a version that many people don't like. Its ok to admit that you don't like 0.5 (if it is said properly). I can admit that I don't like it, and I think 0.5.5 should be concerned about.

Many people want to play a good version, and all it takes is a patch to do so (0.5.5). Its great your giving more updates than usual, but 0.5.5 seems dead. Lets say it would take untill fall to finish MTASA. Who will be there to play it? Not many, because this current version isn't great. Many that don't like it and and will stop playing, and will eventually forget about MTA.

Before releasing something great, there has to be something to get us ready for blue. This right now as I have explained in my last post is a lose-lose situation. Many people don't like 0.5, and the next version is not being focused on. MTASA won't be out for a while, and currently, this version failed, and gives a bad impression on MTA. Please focus on 0.5.5 more and give updates on it. No one is commanding, demanding, forcing, telling you to focus on 0.5, most of us are asking you.

About the poll: It is only to see what others think.

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. You don't know how long SA will take to be released; it could be just around the corner.

2. There is heated competition in the SA multiplayer field with 4 teams battling it out (although one is 2 player only). There is also high demand for SA multiplayer which means that the team should put their resources into whatever people want the most (allocative efficiency). If they were to put more resources into 0.5.5, this may affect the progress of MTA:SA.

3. MTA is losing players, true, but it's amazing how many old faces I see when they make a new news post about MTA:SA. I don't think losing GTA3/VC players will affect the player counts for MTA:SA much.

We just might want to wait for A PROPER working version. Yes... I read correctly... just WAIT. Whatever it might be.

The MTA team can make its own decisions, and I think they have to build (and test) a new release very properly. Otherwise we end up with a crappy version again. What they like to work on is THEIR choise. they are putting a lot of valuable time in it, and have the best view on what is the best way to do it.

Why do we need polls about it?? Just make a poll with 1 option: I LIKE A NEW VERSION. look less like you're serious about it, and more like the thing everyone wants.

There is no doubt about it everyone wants a new version, without lag and fully synced. It should be working with GTA3, VC and SA. In this case we all would live on jupiter, as that is what everyboby wants as well...........

Just my opinion...

-- no vote, this has no use whatsoever

Yes MTA is losing players everyday and its because of 0.5. So why not release a version that will keep some of the people that are playing now entertained a bit until MTA:SA

2. There is heated competition in the SA multiplayer field with 4 teams battling it out

The MTA team has said it over and over, they aren't trying to compete with the other mods. Even if it was a competition what is there to win? Nothing

It's true, people are getting bored with MTA, is it because the latest VC version is full of bugs and you have to restart your game every 10 minutes? is it because VC is no longer a new game, and everyones playing SA?

..it's both, so imo, they could do whatever they want - aslong as one day we get to play a great multiplayer mod for either GTA game, i'm satisfied :P

Yes MTA is losing players everyday and its because of 0.5. So why not release a version that will keep some of the people that are playing now entertained a bit until MTA:SA

My point exactly.

2. There is heated competition in the SA multiplayer field with 4 teams battling it out

The MTA team has said it over and over, they aren't trying to compete with the other mods. Even if it was a competition what is there to win? Nothing

Exactly. This seems like a space race. The first one out there wins. Wins what? Like gamefreek said in the other post, what happened to the part of the team that worked on blue, and the part of the team that worked on 0.5.5? I don't see how this could affect the progress of MTASA.

I can't believe people actually still play 0.5.

0.5.5 was dropped long before they even started working on MTA: SA (uh, yeah, I can speak from experience since I was on the beta team). I seriously doubt they're going to go back to it.

And even if they do, it will be a bad move. Am I the only one that thinks that releasing MTA: SA and then releasing 0.5.5 afterwards is a step backwards?

why?

I've been in Russian MTA community for a long long time(more than 1.5 year) and its slowly became dead after 0.5, if there was some little movement few months ago, it's now almost dead, which is sad, very sad.

Besides Im admin of gta.ru MTA server, which was #3 popular server in the world few months ago, now its slowly gonna leave first 10, which just proves my point above about "dead community"

ps anyway if mta team needs a lot of time to finish up MTA0.5.5 u better leave it and finish "blue", if it can be done in a week or two, u better do it and make some ppl happy :D

One more time thanks for your great work!

I can't believe people actually still play 0.5.

I don't play 0.5, and i'll bet not many people on the forums still do.

0.5.5 was dropped long before they even started working on MTA: SA (uh, yeah, I can speak from experience since I was on the beta team). I seriously doubt they're going to go back to it.

But why would they scrap 0.5.5 in the first place? It sounds like 5 months since february that work has gone to waste. It seems like 0.5.5 could be a fast fix, since all it really needs is the m60 back to normal, the stubby back to normal(jumping no switch glitching), crusader glitch fixed, and the GTA 3 kill credit glitch. I would like to know how long that would take. 2 of them (stubby and M60), are an easy 5 minute fix the way it looks, and those other 2 can be fixed, its not impossible. I'll bet if this patch were to be made, it could be finished in a week.

I would like to see a developer reply about this to give a clear explanation about what is happening with 0.5.5 though.

Getting the stubby back to normal means making it just like 0.3. Switch glitching as people call it is part of the game, but thats another topic all on its own.

People still play 0.5 because atleast they enjoy what the MTA team has been doing. Even with that said people are getting tired of the same old desynch in this current version. I dont see why the MTA team would scrap 0.5.x if they knew what the problem was in 0.5.

Gamefreek: What other time would they release it? It most certainly wouldn't be now.

njr1489: It's more than just a few fixes. It's almost an entirely new version. The reason they've scrapped it is because they couldn't finish everything before MTA: SA became a priority.

MTA: SA and MTA: Blue will be much better than any version on the old core will ever be. :roll:

hmm 10 to 10

Well, I would be satisfied with a halfway point, I think it would be nice to have an 0.5.2 or something with just the really big glitches changed. Example, vice city crusader glitch.

yea thats the point i m sure that eliminating the most basic bugs is a question of adding one line to the code (iex reset armor to 0 at every respawn..). it would take like 5mins for the mta team to release a patch and make this version a bit more fun and playable but heeeeeey... :? looks like they dont really care that much bout us, i used to be their fan but now after how they have treated us i really dont expect much.. i moved on to other things and am looking forward to realeses from other teams. still, you gotta give em credits for all that they have done but somewhere in the end i think they lost the point. the future is blue wonder how far is that :roll:

My point just was: forget these polls. The MTA team should not focus on what the ppl want, cause theat is allways more, and difficult. They should decide themselves what they are focussing on. Just wait and see is the best solution. If you dont like this version, stop playing and take a look when the next vresion is released, if you like that one. If you guys keep pushing like this, we WILL end up with a crappy version again.

yea thats the point i m sure that eliminating the most basic bugs is a question of adding one line to the code (iex reset armor to 0 at every respawn..). it would take like 5mins for the mta team to release a patch and make this version a bit more fun and playable but heeeeeey... :? looks like they dont really care that much bout us, i used to be their fan but now after how they have treated us i really dont expect much.. i moved on to other things and am looking forward to realeses from other teams. still, you gotta give em credits for all that they have done but somewhere in the end i think they lost the point. the future is blue wonder how far is that :roll:

Teams such as who exactly? SA-MP have said they'll release a VC version... after their SA version. The same goes for GTAT. Who's left?