Play MTA with Removeable disk/FlaskDisk

AuLif

Hi everyone!

I'm new in GTA SA Online (MTA, SA:MP), so I don't know much about it

Are MTA can be played with  Removeable disk/FlaskDisk, at other PC?

I'm often going to someplace in my country so I want to play MTA at "Warnet" (Some public service for playing online games at outside)

If someone know, please tell me how to do it. --- Regards, AuLif

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

MTA cannot be portable, but GTA SA and SA-MP can. MTA works with too many vital registry keys, also to ever work with software like ''PortableApps'' suite.

If you just want to play San Andreas online from USB stick, I advise you to do this:

1) Install SA-MP into a GTA SA installation folder (say, C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas)

2) Copy the GTA SA install directory including the SA-MP you installed into it through a PC, to your USB stick or removable disk.

The GTA San Andreas folder should already have the SAMP launcher and files once you move it.

Now, you can launch SA-MP from the USB stick, by clicking the SAMP launcher. You can also play SA single player from there.

We usually don't recommend SA-MP, but I want to help you achieve what you're looking for. @AuLif

Not sure if this would help you, but my MTA is installed in the Dropbox folder and I've been using it for years on multiple devices without any problem. I have GTA:SA installed on each of these devices, but I think it would work just fine if I'd install it alike directly in the Dropbox folder.

Great. How about this? Are possible to do it?

I have SA and MTA in my USB stick, when I want to play with other PC (say, My brother's PC that does have SA even MTA)

Then I have to install the MTA at that PC. Are that right?

Edited by AuLif
Improved text
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
20 minutes ago, AuLif said:

Great. How about this? Are possible to do it?

I have SA and MTA in my USB stick, when I want to play with other PC (say, My brother's PC that does have SA even MTA)

Then I have to install the MTA at that PC. Are that right?

MTA can use a GTA SA installation from USB stick, if that's what you mean. So you'll only need to install MTA separately on that PC.

@Zorgman's method sounds promising but I'm not sure if that works at all (sounds fishy and shouldn't be able to theoretically) and if so without significant problems, you'll have to try. (he means dropbox folder just like OneDrive that comes with Windows 10, that acts like it's a physical drive/station but it's just synced files from the cloud in reality)

@Dutchman101 Yes, my bad, I should have mentioned that I'm using the Dropbox app, which creates a folder on the hard drive and keeps it in sync. This method has a twist though: I had to reinstall MTA (in the Dropbox folder) every time I added a new device to the 'collection', in order for it to recognize the local SA install and write to the registry as you said. The OP is most likely not able to install apps on those public computers, so all this info turns out useless for him, but maybe someone else could benefit from it. I've come to use this formula because I work on my project from home, office and on the move, and having everything in sync is really handy.