Run Time Error 126 every time I try to connect.

Cujo

bloker, installing vb runtimes doesnt fix the pb.

as i mentioned this error is related to winsock control ,udp, and win98.

you have to implement error trapping in the console application so it actually IGNORES that specific error, since data is actually sent.

for example, if youre using vb, do this:

'Ignore error 126 which sometimes occurs

On Error GoTo ErrorHandler

socket1.SendData "blablabla" 'if socket1 is your winsock control name

Exit Sub

ErrorHandler:

'all error except 126 will raise a msg. if its error 126 ignore it.

If Err.Number <> 126 Then

MsgBox Err.Description, vbCritical, Err.Number

End If

Resume Next

I think it's Windows98se. My friend with 2000 and my friends with XPHE can connect to my server fine, but I can't get on to it, even with the VB files.

I'm pretty damn desparate. I wanted to play this game tonight, and I've had a copy of WinXP for months, but it's not compatible with my computer. I sure as hell don't want to wait until v0.4 for this fix, so I hope they can get something ready soon.

Was this new GUI ever beta'd on a Win98SE machine? Two of the people I play online with can get into servers and play and they are running Win2K and XP, no errors and no problems with lag. I can't even get the damn thing to start without this damn runtime 126 error. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! Damn this is frustrating! I waited patiently for what seemed like eons for this release and it won't even work with 98. [Rant Off] phew. I needed that.

hehehehehe. Damn thats a lot of damns for one post

:shock: im very disappointed that i/we people who could not play this game because of the run time 126 error, :cry: i downloaded the trailer and the mod it self, and i can't wait till u get a fix, p.s. u got 24 hours left, fix or die! :twisted:

All i know that it's an error caused by winsock when you use udp connections.

Just use

ErrorHandler:

If Err.Number = 126 Then

Resume Next

End If

or something like it to solfe the problem.

The connection will work after the errorhandler

tell us how the hell we can do that step by step, how the hell do u go on errorhandler?

hehehe. AAA that is something that will have to be done within the MTA.exe by the MTA team. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if they fix itr not

tell us how the hell we can do that step by step, how the hell do u go on errorhandler?

I think he's telling the developers what to do to their code. :D

Edited by Guest
Okay my friend on win98 was getting error earlier, then he comes online later and my other friend was saying he was playing. Unfortunately he's being a big little whore and won't tell me how to fix it.

Well thats easy to fix Cheez. Simply beat him with a baseball bat till he tells you. I prefer the ones with barbed wire wrapped around them but thats up to you. :lol: