Run Time Error 126 every time I try to connect.

Cujo

If I had a bat, and lived in canada, then I would. But the best thing I can do right now is warn him, if you all think you can get the info out of him his AIM name is xRamzaxBeoulvex . Don't mention Cheez sent you otherwise he probably will just warn/block you.

damn straight! *high fives and removes from my hitlist*

*edit*

hey hey, i know what we should do! email spam! that always works! :D.....*gets banned* i...i was kidding man...unless yall would help me do it!!! :D......*runs for it*

bloker, installing vb runtimes doesnt fix the pb.

as i mentioned this error is related to winsock control ,udp, and win98.

you have to implement error trapping in the console application so it actually IGNORES that specific error, since data is actually sent.

for example, if youre using vb, do this:

'Ignore error 126 which sometimes occurs

On Error GoTo ErrorHandler

socket1.SendData "blablabla" 'if socket1 is your winsock control name

Exit Sub

ErrorHandler:

'all error except 126 will raise a msg. if its error 126 ignore it.

If Err.Number <> 126 Then

MsgBox Err.Description, vbCritical, Err.Number

End If

Resume Next

now hurry up fixin' win98 guys cant play!! :(

<--- has Win98se and cant play...

<--- is now arming himself to the teeth with heavy weaponry

<--- is only going to ask one time:

Please fix this asap. Run time error 126 is gonna drive me f-cking nuts. I registered just to report the error, glad the topic is pinned.

Blocker please post somthing here! We need your help. Im sure we all agree this is the greatest mod out for gta3 by far, we just want a response or something update us on ur opinion. I've been programming in vb for a wile and if freeze is correct, it shouldnt take a long time to fix. As I said before, the fate of win98 MTA depends on this fix!

I'm pretty damn desparate. I wanted to play this game tonight, and I've had a copy of WinXP for months, but it's not compatible with my computer. I sure as hell don't want to wait until v0.4 for this fix, so I hope they can get something ready soon.

Sure it's compatible....?

If you have good enough specs for GTA3, you have good enough specs for XP.

All people that have Win98 and can play GTA3 should consider get XP. However, MTA _should_ support Win 98 anyway..

Yep same prob here win 98. that really sux not my fault i have windows 98 all the other versions are unstable for me but i get the same error so fix fix fix :D. but hey i believe in whoevers gonna fix this.goodluck

I just dont think its worth spending 100$ when the programmer can just fix it by making vb ignore that error. Like i said, if freeze is correct, the error should be very easy to fix. Plus in doing this MTA gains so many more people in thier community.

I'm pretty damn desparate. I wanted to play this game tonight, and I've had a copy of WinXP for months, but it's not compatible with my computer. I sure as hell don't want to wait until v0.4 for this fix, so I hope they can get something ready soon.

Sure it's compatible....?

If you have good enough specs for GTA3, you have good enough specs for XP.

All people that have Win98 and can play GTA3 should consider get XP. However, MTA _should_ support Win 98 anyway..

It has to do with my computer / video card combo. Trust me, I've tried many times.

Im running win2k and I get runtime error 10047,

I tried connecting with ASE as well.. This is in the MTA.exe program.. It will not stop telling me that error just will not!!!

Tried reinstalling VB6 still same error.. just refuses to work now

• 7 months later...

Yah ! Do you know what I Have ?

I have windows XP I have the same error code :lol:

That's worked in the first install and I tryied to connect in a wrong server and when I view Runtime error 126, I can't play just after :(

IA