RAM Hogs

Rob0

Was surprised to notice how ram light MTA is with a stock package when compared to my usual 400MB download setup, which in action is hogging half my server's RAM. My MTA Server starts up at 10% usage and over 2-3 days climbs up to 45% yet i don't store any data of any kind, and never exceed 25 users on at one time. Baring some specific solution of RAM leakage, just as a general question for all to learn from, what might be the worst offenders in scripting when it comes to RAM hogging?

Edited by Rob0
3 minutes ago, Rob0 said:

Was surprised to notice how ram light MTA is with a stock package when compared to my usual 400MB download setup, which in action is hogging half my server's RAM. My MTA Server starts up at 10% usage and over 2-3 days climbs up to 45% yet i don't store any data of any kind. Baring some specific solution of RAM leakage, just as a general question for all to learn from, what might be the worst offenders in scripting when it comes to RAM hogging?

Do you restart resources?

I got the web performance manager running

MTA-ServerRAMusage.jpg

Here is my performance browser output for RAM with my VPS top output run at the same time. As you can see MTA is very hungry for RAM. What does the performance browser tell me as I am not seeing anything except the stock Admin Panel that seems to be using a lot of RAM.

Edited by Rob0