Developement Update (30/06/2005 @ 05:51 CET)

Oli

Since the initial release of information regarding MTA:SA a short while ago, we have continued to dig deep into the game and work on the mod functionality.

The game interface has been one of the largest areas of growth and along with functionality, stability has increased dramatically. A lot of research has been completed in regards to the new features introduced in GTA: San Andreas and we have already started to take advantage of these.

The team has been working hard to iron out some of the issues experienced during the initial play tests and have continued to develop the race mod. A lot of logic has been put in and it is starting to take shape as something that we can see being released initially, prior to a full-featured MTA built upon Blue.

Although a lot of work has been completed throughout all areas of the mod and the core itself, we still have many features to complete before we have a version suitable for release.

Finally, thank you for all of your kind words of encouragement after the first MTA:SA related news items. We aim to keep you updated as much as possible throughout the development phase.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0.5.5 died? i though the team was gona release a stable version on the old core to finsh it off? anyway thx for the update

I was thinking the same thing since 0.5 was so bad and 0.5.5 would at least be a better version so people could start playing again.

Nice update, but what about 0.5.5?

I was wondering about that too for some time and today on irc channel one of the team members said "i think youll see the first mta built on blue before u see 0.5.5"....not really good news, but we all saw from last mta release that old core isnt smth that can make us happy, so lets just wait for a new core, for new release and for more fun that we gonna get :wink:

ps anyway it would be great to get little patch for 0.5 that would fix those two major glitches, i mean run'n'fire and armor glitches, thank u.

well any update is great, i cant wait for the initial beta release as it will be a first for me, as i dont own vice city or gta III for pc!

good luck with the progress MTA Team!

I was wondering about that too for some time and today on irc channel one of the team members said "i think youll see the first mta built on blue before u see 0.5.5"....not really good news, but we all saw from last mta release that old core isnt smth that can make us happy, so lets just wait for a new core, for new release and for more fun that we gonna get :wink:

ps anyway it would be great to get little patch for 0.5 that would fix those two major glitches, i mean run'n'fire and armor glitches, thank u.

Run and fire is going to be replaced by err... *drum roll* the stubby glitch :P And the armor glitch will just be gone.

Run and fire is going to be replaced by err... *drum roll* the stubby glitch :P And the armor glitch will just be gone.

why not take that out too? I like these SA updates, but the current version is also something to be concerned about. It needs to be something to get us ready for blue and bring back the gamers that don't like this version.

I was thinking the same thing since 0.5 was so bad

It's comments like that that make us wonder why we should bother.

Anyway, no we havn't said we are scrapping 0.5.5.

MTA is very fun, regardless of any currently existing bugs - and it's the best GTA MP there is.

You are doing a good job, and there are many people that greatly support, and appreciate what you're doing.

There will always be people (or idiots) that say otherwise - but you shouldn't let the opinions of those that are so closed-minded and ungrateful have any affect on what you're doing.

Also as we all aware, they don't know the first thing about the work involved, so their views/opinions really don't mean $hit.

Don't be discouraged - if anything you should use those negative comments to motivate you further ;)

Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see what you produce as far as mta:sa is concerned.

oh, and I really would like you to try and keep the whole map accessible (if possible).. unlike the suggested plans of sa-mp or whatever it's called.

:)

Thanks for the positive comments :) It'll be up to mods if they want to cordon off the map. Obviously, some game modes would benefit from it, others clearly wouldn't. Its hard to predict now how mods will tend to use it. We'll see :)

Sounds great.

Id just like to add that if you do manage to get the first major mp mod you'll definatelly have the upper hand. These frequent updates are also great. for the old core versions the updates would take forever to come. ive noticed that the community are becoming increasingly interested, rather than reading a news post, hanging on for another update, then giving up.

Thanks for the positive comments :) It'll be up to mods if they want to cordon off the map. Obviously, some game modes would benefit from it, others clearly wouldn't. Its hard to predict now how mods will tend to use it. We'll see :)

that is great news about having the option to leave the map open. :D

also its good to hear that MTA SA is coming along so nicely. :D