am i too stupid or the others ?

Guest nephos

well 1st i connect to a server then i start gta3 new game .. then i go back with alt + tab to mta and click on send game request and then i can select a team. when i'm in the game the others are only at one place:

gta3.jpg

what now ? :)

Edited by Guest
well i think everyone choose mafia and they are all then for me on the roof.. in this picture i am a diablo

Nope there are just an the roof . ihave it too but u know what is realy weird? i saw those guys on the roof but no one has join't my game accept for my brother :shock:

EVERYONE seems to be confused about the people on the roof. who are they? are they peds? are they other players?

both, sort of.

When you join a server, you become one of those people on the roof.

You are then teleported to the other roof, where you choose your team.

Another way to think about it: you are an evil, mind-taking over alien thing.

Those players on the roof are your hosts.

You join the server, and you take over the mind of your host.

Then, by magic, you're transported on top of a building, where you get to choose which kind of other mind-stealing alien things you want to be friends with. (a.k.a. choosing your team)

simple as dat (at least I THINK that's correct... I'm 85% certain that's how it works.)

If blokker is around, could you confirm that for me?

EVERYONE seems to be confused about the people on the roof. who are they? are they peds? are they other players?

both, sort of.

When you join a server, you become one of those people on the roof.

You are then teleported to the other roof, where you choose your team.

Another way to think about it: you are an evil, mind-taking over alien thing.

Those players on the roof are your hosts.

You join the server, and you take over the mind of your host.

Then, by magic, you're transported on top of a building, where you get to choose which kind of other mind-stealing alien things you want to be friends with. (a.k.a. choosing your team)

simple as dat (at least I THINK that's correct... I'm 85% certain that's how it works.)

If blokker is around, could you confirm that for me?

Im not Blokker, but I can confirm it for you. =). If you look real close, you can also see the transparent UFO they all came from as well. Naw, seriously, they are the actors that other people will control when they connect to the game. I didn't have enough time to make it so that only the active actors have arrows over their head. I deleted all the arrows at first, but then we decided to put them back in at the last moment, because if two players would play, they would have an incredible hard time finding each other... In other words, IGNORE THEM COMPLETELY. I will keep working on the main.scm and fix all these 'cosmetic issues' including adding a proper skin to identify friend or foe. We just needed to release a working version after all this time, because we thought you guys have waited long enough, and the mechanics are functional. So don't expect anything real playable, just have some fun... Good Luck to you all.