Host ..

Oussema

Question

Hello , guys i bought host from  : [snip]

and my server lagging asf when i get +50/60 player !! if i buy vps is better than host ??  what i have to do for remove that lag ?? my server get 60/70 player per day but lags making me lose some of players pls answer fast guys :(  

Edited by Dutchman101
removed mentioned hosting company

7 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

I removed the mentioned hosting company as your claims are unverifyable and could (be meant to) affect that company's reputation, but before I did so Nssor already told you that hosting company's representative so you can try work out the issue with them. (although I recommend opening a support ticket as such hosting companies usually have a ticket center)..

Also to answer your question, hosting companies like the one you use (purchase and activate services and control it web-based) often have a few dedicated servers they split into VPS'es, which they can further VM to host your server. Not all of these companies value performance/speeds so much they will reserve you a fair share of system resources, sometimes they even run immense amounts of customer servers on a VMed VPS only, you will only have real control if you leave this behind and go for unmanaged server or a VPS as you suggested. In that case you can also choose the hosting provider/datacenter and review their reputation offering VPS'es, an opportunity you won't have with gameserver hosters like you're with currently.

But once again I advice you first contact the hoster through their support, as your server lag/slowliness can also have other causes rather than bad load balancing on the hoster's root servers. @Oussema

1 hour ago, Dutchman101 said:

I removed the mentioned hosting company as your claims are unverifyable and could (be meant to) affect that company's reputation, but before I did so Nssor already told you that hosting company's representative so you can try work out the issue with them. (although I recommend opening a support ticket as such hosting companies usually have a ticket center)..

Also to answer your question, hosting companies like the one you use (purchase and activate services and control it web-based) often have a few dedicated servers they split into VPS'es, which they can further VM to host your server. Not all of these companies value performance/speeds so much they will reserve you a fair share of system resources, sometimes they even run immense amounts of customer servers on a VMed VPS only, you will only have real control if you leave this behind and go for unmanaged server or a VPS as you suggested. In that case you can also choose the hosting provider/datacenter and review their reputation offering VPS'es, an opportunity you won't have with gameserver hosters like you're with currently.

But once again I advice you first contact the hoster through their support, as your server lag/slowliness can also have other causes rather than bad load balancing on the hoster's root servers. @Oussema

Ok thx Dutch <3 

1 hour ago, TorNix~|nR said:

in my opinion VPS is more better.

ye all right everyone have his own opinion

1 hour ago, !#NssoR_) said:

You can talking with @TAPL via PM.

Thx too nssor <3 

Your game server performance could be affect by your resources, i advice you to debug your resources performance to identify and resolve any problematic resource.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Debugging#Debugging_Performance_Issues

By the way i joined your server and couldn't find any lag issue as you described in this topic, at the time it was 25 players online, could be different when there's more players?

On 02/08/2017 at 10:55, TAPL said:

Your game server performance could be affect by your resources, i advice you to debug your resources performance to identify and resolve any problematic resource.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Debugging#Debugging_Performance_Issues

By the way i joined your server and couldn't find any lag issue as you described in this topic, at the time it was 25 players online, could be different when there's more players?

@TAPL Yes when 40/50 player lags start (i'll check this now , https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Debugging#Debugging_Performance_Issues)