Boats!

JacoB

I know for a fact boat syncronization is possible, even with the current core. Why has everyone been lied to for so long saying its absolutely "impossible with current technology"? The only problem is that actors cannot be placed in boats. I don't think anyone gives a crap if the actor is shown in the boat or not, just keep the nametag there.

Boat velocity/speed works just like regular vehicles, so why has such a small problem prevented you from adding boats for so long? It makes no sense to me. Boat sync is perfectly possible, just the actors being put in them isn't.. so, erm, what's the big problem? :?

Don't take this post as offensive/rude by the way, I've just made this small discovery and the fact that such a fun and awesome feature - boats - hasn't been added to this core when it perfectly could have, confuses the hell out of me.

ps. whats so great about boats anyways?

I think they're much more fun than cars, but the thing is you can't shot from them. But it whould been fun anyways that they realesed them on 0.5 you don't have to shot each others it's fun to drive anyways but when you can shot from the boats and drive others then it will be very fun :)

mm.. boat races? maybe.. but shooting from boats and such blah blah blah? nah i wouldnt release such a limited feature, that hardly allows even passangers.. so uh no..

Races, Chases, Getting to other islands faster, for weapons, and maybe even a new place where people fight just for the boats. We could have gotten the spaz easily in 0.3 if there were boats lol. Did you also forget about bitchpacking :wink:

Thanks for your concern, albeit rather late :) There's much more to it than you suggest unfortunately, Kyeman and myself experimented with them for a while during one of his short periods on the team, but rewriting major parts of code, with the impact that would have on the rest of the code, and the testing requirements and stability risks inherant with totally new methods being 'crow-barred' in made it unrealistic to continue with them. Especially once the new core started to take shape. (which of course supports boats fully without need for messy hacks nor rewrites).

• 3 months later...
mm.. boat races? maybe.. but shooting from boats and such blah blah blah? nah i wouldnt release such a limited feature, that hardly allows even passangers.. so uh no..

Ok

Police boats can shoot

And also Boats are pretty cool to some people like me :roll: