BIG BUG

my game got messed up. i hit alt +v and my screen got brighter in game. i tried uninstalling. when i played gta3 it wasnt bright. but when i reinstalled mta and played, it was ok, then i went to my desktop and it was bright,. i have to restart mycomputer for this to go away, and reinstalling gta3 it works and my desktop isnt bright until i install mta now.

another problem, ive not tried any other servers, but on the main one, 32 player one the one called gameland something 32 palyer every time i spawn i cant move. i havent tried other servers, cause the bright deesktop thingy.

there are 16 different angles in classic control mode that you can look on the begginning where i pick my team.

thats it. any key to unbrighten.? ive tried them all, and i dont suggest any other people to do this. my desktop is bright and requieres a reboot. gta3 by itself doesnt do this, ive just played vice city, and its not a game problem.

hello from ky,

the blue tinted cars is weird. its ok thou, i like the change of cars. my screen getting bright is weird. i had to uninstall both mta and gta3 for this to go away, but anytime now i alt tab to my desktop, while the game is running my screen is bright.

you can tell by the top of the building choosing teams, that mta team has wrote it out for mouse look. thats not the real problem. it is a problem when you use a joystick, and theres a button to get the camera behind you, but, you can only look in 15 or 16 directions, like N NE E SE S SW W and NW. and one spot inbetween each. .. when mta wrote this, did they only play the game with mouselook? and wrote it in 16 directioins? gta was ported from psx2 and is made for the classic controls. im sure they have a free look already wrote for the game. its called classic controls :) i bet if you all change the look to classic controls, it might fix other stuff too. but that on top of the building thing is weird. everyone says to use a mouse and not to play if you dont. i dont think my decision to use a controller has anythign to do with this at all. i try to us my controller with any game it is possible and reasonable enouight to use a controller with. in mafia, i would use ctonroller for cars when i got out, i had it switched to use a mouse and keyboard. Jedi Knight, guess what i use, a controller. when i use a gun, i switch one hand to the mouse, and other on joystick. and i can kick but on that game. i would switch to complete keyboard and mouse, but then the idea of using a joystick would be messedup, and i might as well switch to the keyboard, but i got used to the controller. i bought my controller for nes stuff. i am useed to playing nintendo on a Nintendo. . uh, yea.

but i think the gta3 developers wrote this game for use with a controller first. then they added, i think, the mouselook, when it got ported, and since a mouse can be made on its own, they just added the use of it.

well, i gotta reboot cause all my usb stuff is shortingout now, and my mouse stopped. but have fun with this bit of info

DUDES! :D

Well after some "playtime", we managed to get 4 of us here all playing MTA on a LAN, 2 on each team. Everything worked sweet - eventually.

I dont know if this will help, but heres what we HAD todo to get everyone in the game sync'd and playing on a LAN.

1) Each person uses the launcher.exe to load MTA (the game loads but dont actually start a new game)

2) Once at the menu stage of the game, alt-tab out and connect to the server using interface.

3) Now go back into the game and start a new MTA game.

Let it sit there with the credits rolling over everyones screen for abit - so ur all at the same stage

4) 1 person send the start game request.

5) Select your team...

Only time there where issues is when we pulled each other out of one anothers cars... when we did this, it at times spawned and extra car (Mafia only), or repositioned the car we were taking, in the ground alittle bit so it went real slow- OR we simply sat in the car on top of the other person who was still in the car, resulting in niether of us being able to drive the car - but still allowing us to get out.

However when playing online, we had basically no success.

This is absolutely great MTA dudes, thanks so much for the insight of whats to come from your great goal. I am going to find it even harder to wait for the actual release now, but am comforted with the relisation that it is possible, and with a team like you guys on the case - this will become the new drug that enslaves us all.

Thanks Guys

i always c a ped running down the same street in to a corner and some times i can see a car whit some1 in it but it does'nt move or shoot
No side works for me.

If i join mafia I always get a ped tht looks like me runnin down the road, just runnin till he ends up in a corner, there is allways a big group of peds on the roof, n sometimes there is a car with again someone tht looks like me n who shoots when i shoot out of the car.

When im diablo nothing appart from the roof peds appear at all.

He i have the same problem look here: https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtopic.php?t=1400

(if you downt see the picture refresh 2 temes and wait)

logo-remake.gif

The Don

Yeah its a common problem :( , the data somehow gets lost I think.

I dont understand why some people can play and others cant, just have to stick it out and wait for people to work out the problem.

(try to save the pictures as .jpeg instead of bmp, its faster to load)

Hi all. First post :)

I think I may solved the problem of the people not moving and event looping thing. Works if you use Zonealarm anyway :).

I went into Zonealarm 'Program Control' settings and set 'GTA3: Multi Theft Auto v0.2a' (don't know why it says v0.2a, because it is v0.3b!) to 'Server'.

Seems ok now