Zorgman

[Action-RPG Zombie Sandbox] Dystopia: The Incident [EN]

Zorgman    27

Thanks Rudransh, I'm glad you finally managed to join and especially that you enjoy it :)

From the start the aim was to make Dystopia viable as a single-player experience as much as possible - enjoying it with your friends is the great added benefit but I had no illusions about the number of players I'll get.

The host I got is crap and the script is kinda' heavy, so the server keeps choking. This is felt more with more players on, but I had crashes with only one player as well :) I'm checking it every hour or so and restart if needed, but crashes will still happen until I upgrade the host and optimize the script.

About the download, well the map itself is almost 20mb but I'm actively looking to reduce the size of the other assets. My target would be ~30mb however I'm not sure it will be attainable, especially with new custom terrain planned.

Stay tuned, people! Updates are on their way, I'll post here the details soon.

Edited by Zorgman
  • Like 1

aCr    4

Your server looks pretty good, at least visually. There are missing translations that I can't understand, obviously.

There's something -extremely- annoying: the Q key. I'm using an AZERTY keyboard, and unfortunately, i'm using the key Q to move to the left. Please make it changeable ASAP, as I'd like to enjoy it.

• Like 1

aCr    4
2 hours ago, aCr said:

Your server looks pretty good, at least visually. There are missing translations that I can't understand, obviously.

There's something -extremely- annoying: the Q key. I'm using an AZERTY keyboard, and unfortunately, i'm using the key Q to move to the left. Please make it changeable ASAP, as I'd like to enjoy it.

Woopsie, wrong thread.

I did try out Dystopia's server though, but it's hard to enjoy it alone, even though it actually is possible.  Good potential.

ExtazyHD1    0

Hey, Nice work on the server, I would like to suggest few things.

Base building script or something (You can add army camps around whole SA, And let the official/unofficial groups capture them)

Zorgman    27

@ExtazyHD1 Hi! A form of base capturing is something I considered since the beginning, and it will eventually get implemented. Thanks for your suggestion and watch this space for news. An update is coming next week.

JesusJunior    0

Great server! Really interesting gameplay. You should all check this, you won't regret! :)

Zorgman    27

Hi guys!

I changed host for the server last week and this resulted in an unfortunate and prolonged downtime.

Right now the server shows as pending and I have yet to receive an answer from the Vortex Servers guys for the ticket I raised last week... For the few Dystopia regulars - please bare with me; for all others - hopefully the alpha public server will be back soon and you'll get to test it.

I'll announce here when situation will change.

Cheers