[Action-RPG Zombie Sandbox] Dystopia: The Incident [EN]

Thank you! Without spoiling anything, the fact that will set this apart is that I'm not trying to transplant a different setting into the San Andreas game world. A prime example of this is a certain post-soviet apocalypse, imensely popular with the MTA players - I could never truly get the point of this attempts to copy an existing game. I've seen it done for DayZ, Rust, Fallout, Resident Evil... I mean, inspiration, sure, but c'mon people... Same old Nemesis on all zombie servers, at least name it Nihilaxor or something :) Leave your own mark, you have this wonderful tool at your disposal. Rant over and back to what I was saying: instead of claiming that the original game and setting never existed, I'm working alongside it. I pick up the world from where the single player game left it and I extrapolate. What would the gangs do after the apocalypse? Where would the government take the refugees? Where would the other people settle? What are the points that would get importance, strategically speaking? As answers to some of these questions, you'll find CJ running his own bandit gang from his fortified Vinewood mansion, you'll find the millitary controlling Sherman Dam and you'll find Raider dwellings in Hunter's Quarry. Governor Skinner never leaves his office deep below, in a bunker dug in the Bayside cliffs, while his forces are tasked with dragging all people they can capture into the Refugee Camp - a covert extermination camp. The Civilian Defence Force (an armed militia hinted at by some elements of the original game) struggles to establish the Free County of Red and settle the abandoned farms  while fighting on two fronts, against both the military and the Flint bandits. Because yeah, Flint County is a haven for bandits, with places like Shady Creeks and Angel Pine occupied and ready to be raided by players. Imma' stop now, before I produce a bigger wall of text than the original post.

PS: I reserve the rights for the Nihilaxor name.  ~joke~

Hi Sand, and thank you for the kind words! It so happens that I was also looking forward to play your Division gamemode, so sorry you had trouble with it (by the way, what's the status of the project?). This being said, your mapping skills need no more presentation, that trailer looked awesome! So of course I'd love to have you on-board,  Dystopia could definitely use those skills :) I'll send you a PM later tonight with some details and let's see where this will take us.

Cheers

Hi Rudransh and thank you! Gotta point out a nuance about the ideas and skills you mentioned :) I used loads of post-apocalyptic fiction as a source of inspiration for this, whomever might be interested can see a partial list at the bottom of this page (the wiki is a bit obsolete though, didn't have time to update it with all recent changes and additions, that's why I did not include it in the original post), so you will all recognize lots of familiar motifs and stereotypical themes  from works you already know and love. So I'm not truly reinventing the wheel here... just make it fit the MTA road :) And about the skills part - I'm more of a patch-worker; for instance things like Slothman's bots and Manawydan's inventory (both of which are integral parts of the current build) I would have never been able to script from scratch in this time frame (or maybe never-ever; I come from a liberal arts background and lua was my absolute first contact ever with a programming language; always wondered in school why the heck should I learn trigonometry for instance: well now I know why I should have :P ). So what I'm trying to stress here is that in truth this already is a collective effort on the MTA's community part with me serving just as some sort of story-telling filter. Hell yeah, people, let's make MTA great again :D  And gosh, I always end up answering in so many words, gotta curb my enthusiasm I guess. Cheers and I'll meet you in-game!

Edited by Zorgman

Hi guys!

I put up an alpha test server, here's the link: mtasa://163.172.29.33:22008 . Download size is a bit below 100Mb.

Drop by and have some fun. Not much to do for now on the RPG side, so just explore, loot, fight bots or engage in some PVP in the open world. Hold F1 for a quick help screen, or use F9 to read the in-game manual.

Bugs? They are legion :) Please report those you encounter, either by email or in-game chat.

Known issues: zombies refuse to spawn (that's my first priority and the thing I'm currently try to fix), login background broken, you can dup certain items in certain conditions, you will get stuck in a spawn limbo sometimes and so on. Most of them fixable by reconnecting, if not try to make a new account or give me a shout. I'll be online most of the time, but I might not respond easy all the time.

Cheers and see ya in the wasteland!

Edited by Zorgman

Changelog 0.6:

Zombies fixed. Fight against three zombie types: Walkers, Runners and Brutes.

Map blips added for all players; base blips properly refresh now.

Player faction changes when repeatedly killing friendlies.

NPC chatter fixed (won't show up for all players on server anymore)

Help screen moved to [F1].

Additional emotes added: [1] to [0].

Loot drop added for all NPCs, based on faction and category.

Player's equipment drops on death.

Gamemode goal added (preliminary implementation)

During nightime (21 PM to 9 AM) walkers are faster.

Use Zombokleen to cure infection, Splint to cure fractures, Adrenaline for a boost. Zombokleen is an experimental drug, so by design it will give unexpected results sometimes.

30+ items added.

Deploy four types of traps: Mines, Spikestrips, Shards and Incendiary.

New weapons added: Magnum Revolver, Agent Green Canister, Timed Bomb, Flashbang, Rocket Launcher.

Weapon attachments: Zip Line, M37 Stomper and Laser Pointer.

Use EM Scanner to locate peds and vehicles or steal a Surveillance Van to do whole neighbourhood scans.

Game manual added, press [F9].

R01 Gunship implemented.

Over 400 vehicle spawns added.

Extensive map additions: a dense forest in Flint County (props @Essle) a new trash and wrecked vehicles layer, also interiors in the game world for many shops.

Proof of concept implementation of vehicle weapons, strongboxes and karma.

Edited by Zorgman
  • Like 3

The server is a must check! The story behind it is extremely detailed and the fact that every area has something going out in it is just outstanding. I was driving near the Vinewood mansion when I got sniped by Ryder lol, got attacked by some raiders at a small camp, bandits around Los Santos and of course walkers. Every place in the map has it's group of NPCs which is just outstanding and makes it feel so alive to play at it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 19/08/2017 at 13:55, Nagisa said:

@Rudransh The same thing happened to me, but I tried using VPN, and it worked. It still works for me when the VPN is off now.

This server is awesome. I tried it and liked it.

Thanx for the information. I will try doing that.

So i joined the server today (my luck), i was there for around 15-20 mins and then i got disconnected and server went offline for me. It was really AMAZING experience. Each thing in the server is well created. We don't get bored even if there is no other player online. I never go on servers having loads of mods and 30mb+ download, i checked out yours and it was worth. Really Loved it, good luck!

• Thanks 2